| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
My Laps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29485

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before people start asking (not complaining) about standings table and lap records update, I have limited internet connectivity (via my phone) until returning on September 15th.

Registration for next race should work OK.
jeff bacon

Score: 15329

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we did have some problems in timing. There needs to be a second person in the timing tower to help out and it needs to be someone with karting knowledge. The problem is, even though I have asked for help with it, no one has stepped up to help. But I am now going to take the bull by the horns. Check the announcements section.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, not sure what backup system we could use. Manual scoring would be out of the question like we use to use. Biggest problem is a single person is up in the tower. She isn't familiar with the many different types of kart classes. She is very computer smart but a little help would be helpful. I took Angela over to AMB during our summer break for school on our time no pay.. However when we started back racing the new upgrade had been installed. She had to learn it that first race back while we were racing. I myself couldn't do it. People share transponders so that has to be considered also.If racers would pre register it helps more than you think. This way most of the classes are loaded before we come down, but that is not just push a button and it happens. Even if you pre register it has to be uploaded. We also had a radio go dead so communication from the tower to the flagman was interupted in a heat race. I think for the most part our new system is working but improvement never hurts. Also this is a club and problems do occur.
jeff bacon

Score: 15329

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

I am first going to try to find someone who is not racing themselves. It is too hard to race and deal with timing. If I have no luck, I will let you know.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Bob Lefferdo

Score: 5307

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Rain Policy Race #11 Results Reply with quote

Hello Steve,
Just started to read the postings and according to our rain policy if we complete a portion of any of classes those results hold. So for the 5 classes that did race the results of those heats will be final. All others will revert back to their completed heat races.

Hope that helps
Bob Lefferdo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: