| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Rotax grouping this weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[quote="wehrheim"]FYI, I plan to recommend that for 2009 at least for Tag we go to the Spec tire, which is Bridgestone YHC. This tire is on par with the D2 and actually might be a tenth or two slower.

John , I am sure you will have a lot of support , I have been on YHC tires all season and still running around 23.60 at 400 + lbs.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33472

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brad and Kerry are the only ones on soft tires. I know Tom Rogers is on YHC's. His best time is a 23.4
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevebushell wrote:
The only reason I brought this up was because last race not very many TaG karts showed up and not very many Rotax showed up , I was told by the club president ( jeff bacon) that after the rotax qualifiers were over that rotax and tag would be combined .

9 Rotax Seniors and 3 Masters
0 Tag

Steve, I don't understand why Rotax drivers should have to be forced to run with TAG. If they want to run TAG they can sign up for that class. They are able to run in that class because they have a TAG legal motor. Rotax class is Rotax only, sealed motors, spec tire, etc. Most of the guys that own Rotax karts bought them to run in a Rotax class because of bigger turnouts, close racing and sealed motors.

And just remember, all of us Rotax guys are also GSKA club members.
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever , talk to Bacon, he was the one that told me we were running with rotax , I personaly do not want to run with rotax , thats why I didn't buy one. I am quite happy running the way it has been , .......
Gary Head

Score: 2752

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the reason for combining classes is for the sake of getting all the classes run before dark. The other is if someone wants to run another "similar " class they can and get more seat time and the club gets an additional $20. bucks

To me that's like letting the 'cup cars run in the nationwide series Rolling Eyes
I personnally like the classes seperate....... but who am I !
ROTAX #23 CRG
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46306

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lke I will be running TAG heavy by renting Daniel's KArt

"....returning to B'ville after 20 years away..." cb
Mark Libby

Score: 128

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Rotax and Tag together Reply with quote

I know this subject has been beaten to death many times, but I just couldnít leave it alone.
As a Tag driver, all I know is that Steve Bushell and I are just looking to have more people to race with. I hear all kinds of talk about the need to keep classes separate because of safety, rules, points, horsepower, tires, etc, etcÖÖÖ Isnít the reason everyone puts their butt into a kart is to enjoy the thrill of speed and competition? I see very similar times for Rotax and Tag, so where is this big advantage? Safety? If someone is afraid to run with other karts of similar speed and lap times, either stay home or ban the other karts for the safety of everyone. If they are too dangerous to run with Rotax, then they must be too dangerous to be allowed on the track at all. I understand about the Rotax Qualifiers, but other weekends wouldnít you want to have as many karts on track as possible? Rules? Itís a local club, not F1. Let the race director combine classes if he believes this provides the best competition. Thatís why you have a race director. Maybe Iím still a newbie around here or maybe I just donít GET IT. I enjoy racing at Barnesville so please donít take any of this personally.
There, Iím done.
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

there is combined class - TAG. The problem is you want the club to force largest class to run with a small class because it is better for you. I don't understand why you think that is fair.

Second, if you want to run in a bigger class go get yourself a Rotax. Just like all the guys who race in the Rotax class.

Remember, the Rotax class racers are GSKA members as well and should have a say.
Mark Libby

Score: 128

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Tag Heavy with Rotax Masters Reply with quote

What Iím proposing is combining the Tag Heavy and Rotax Masters together so all the heavy karts race together. More karts, more competition, more interesting racing. Tires? The Tags run on YHCs and the Rotax on their usual D2s. Iíd be interested in hearing from the Rotax Master drivers on their thoughts about this idea.

Thanks,
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33472

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to keep out of this discussion, but it is difficult. I think one thing many are forgetting is that Karting like many motorsports are taking a hit due to the economy. Lets not forget that karters want to compete. If they didn't then why race. Lets not ignore the fact the number of Rotax entries and Tag entries have dropped significantly. Why, well I don;t think anyone has the magical answer, but I have to believe the economy is a major aspect.

So to get to my point, if we want to continue to grow this club and the classes, you need to have an environment where everyone wants to race. Look at the how much Clone has grown. Why, low cost, close competition and the fun factor. We even allowed Frank to race his Animal with us because we wanted him to race with someone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: