| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
About the timed pitstops for the enduro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent?
How about 1 more person to show that pit is closed?
How about few karts in need to pit because of fuel and can't do it lap after lap because pit is closed?
How about karts driving through the pit area full speed with kids and others around?
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor we will be using the oval for the pit stops. Crew members only will be allowed out there. Spectators should be on the normal pit side of the track.
Brantley French

Score: 3050

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe we need to mandate the speed for pit road... and ill answer the obvious question (how will we do this?). if someone looks like they are coming in too fast by the official in the booth or if the race official in the pits feel like they are coming in to fast then they will be forced to a pass through or stop in go.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29018

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oval may not be big enough. Oval entrance need to be slowed down with cones so it will be even shorter place for pits. And if we use oval for pit, people there stuck for hour and must have all tools, gas, gears, etc. because leaving the oval will be dangerous.
If team will stay in oval for an hour, they will not know their position during the race. With regular pit we have plenty of space for karts and tools, we can have laptop with current position beside the tower for anybody to check.
With oval as a pit, having timed stop makes much less sense.
Brantley French

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are they going to get their karts done and then be allowed to wait out the 2 mins at the pit exit or are they gunna be just mandated to stay in their pits for 2 mins and race out.... it think it will become a safety issue the latter way.
clarence

Score: 8229

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think crew members in the middle of the track during a race is dangerous. How about using the regular pits? Very Happy
Kerry Wilson

Score: 6479

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me, I hate to have to say this, but I think you all are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Back in the 90's and I think the early 2000's we ran several 100 lap races and made pit stops with I think 20 or more karts starting the event. We had about 2 crews members out in the oval with whatever was necessary for the pits stop per kart. We pitted whenever we felt necessary for gas and came at a normal pace into the oval pit area where we came to a complete stop. Driver got out of kart, it was refueled. Driver back into kart and merged at the monza when directed by a pit steward. The pit stop was not timed.

As far as I know we had no problems. I believe Rick Sweeting and maybe Steve Roberts could confirm this.

I just don't see what all the fuss is about.
Invader #9
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would all take the time and READ the rules before posting it can answer most of your questions.

Example:14) If major pitstop is required for repairs, kart must exit at normal track exit, must be shut off and pushed to pit stall, either on ground or kart stand, and cannot be restarted until back on the grid area.
This means our usual pit area for those who don't understand.

Only fuel and tires can be changed in the oval pit. No tool boxes out there. You guys make something easy turn into a major extravaganza. At our last scheduled race Sept.20 we will go over the rules prior to the enduro. If you don't like what we setup you will have the oportunity to not compete.

Last edited by Michael Jackson on Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Brantley French

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell em mr jackson!!! Cool
Barry Copeland

Score: 883

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need two people in your pit plus driver. If you have more than that it will become a cluster. At all the races I've run were we pit the track puts up a screen fence for you stand behind and all of your equipment must be behind it also(kart stand was against the fence on pit road side), when your kart comes in you are allowed to cross and work on it at that point. The last race we ran and pitted on started 32 karts and we pitted under green, you could change anything on the kart but the motor however you could fix anything that needed to be repaired. At this race the karts exited the track on the back straightaway so they had some speed coming off the track and made a change from dirt to asphalt, we also ran this at night. So you know I'm for green flag stops and no times lets race. Kerry I believe you are correct in your comments about how it was done back in the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: