| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #3 Registration
2014-04-19 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
About the timed pitstops for the enduro
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry Wilson

Score: 6449

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think as Jeff stated there should be 2 mandatory stops, timed or not, I don't care. If a team has 3 drivers they need the 2 stops to change drivers.
Invader #9
RKS

Score: 803

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a club,i think the best thing to do is vote on the pitstops.
(1) 2 madatory stops - no time limit
(2) 2 mandatory stops -2 minutes
Kerry I agree with the 2 stops for multiply drivers.
Michael Jackson

Score: 5330

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my revised above reply posted previously.
jeff bacon

Score: 15015

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I raced with the SCCA, they had Enduro races with no timed stops and they were burning cars down and people were getting hurt. When they went to a mandatory 5 minute stop, the problem went away. Also, the teams with larger funds would have 5 guys working on the cars whereas the low buck teams would have their wife. So the timed stops leveled the playing field as well. But what do I know?
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-stops no time limit, than we dont have to rely on michael "bo duke" Jackson to try and see our numbers. what ever size gas tank.
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem is with the timed stops , no one is debating the 2 manditory stops. If its safety that everyone is concerned about then throw a full course red for 2 minutes at the 20 minute and 40 minute mark of the enduro .

Again please see my privious post and my following concern again

"3- I think you are opening up a can of worms that will create a ton of arguments and hard feelings if not very heated discussions over 2 or 3 seconds. "

I kinda think this is too late because its already happened , what was supose to be a fun event has already turned into a heated disscussion.

as far as being disqualified for not making the manditory timed pit stops, if this happens to me then I hope the director who disqualifies me has proof that I did not make the stop and can verifiy this with the actual numbers.

steve
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question that is on my mind and I think its a fair one ,

Who is going to be the acting race director for the enduro ?? John W. says he will not be there and Jeff Bacon has entered the event , I would feel a lot more comfortable about this if the actual race director of this event is makin the decisions and NOT a person who has a conflict of interest because they are racing in the event ....

thx
Mike Pugh
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 32055

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the problem is with the timed stops , no one is debating the 2 manditory stops. If its safety that everyone is concerned about then throw a full course red for 2 minutes at the 20 minute and 40 minute mark of the enduro .

I think the lead pack would be pissed if the red flag grouped everyone back together.Seems more dangerous having 20 karts on pit road at the same time .

I personally do not see a problem with the stop the way it is written .
To me it looks like the safest way .
You come in ,you come to a complete stop and the 2 minutes starts .
You cant start rolling till 2 minutes is over .
It is easy to see when a kart stops and starts in the tower .Doesn't matter if it is running or not .
1 minute 50 seconds is 1/3 of a lap advantage .So ...2 minutes is 2 minutes.Any less is a stop and go penalty.
Joshua brought up a good point about if you only have 4 officials .If that is the case when there is 4 karts on pit road ,pit road is closed until 1 leaves.Can use a flag .red = closed green = open .No different than NASCAR.
Doesn't matter if you have a small tank or large , big crew or not .The 2 minutes would help even the playing field and help eliminate someone in a big hurry pouring gas all over the place.

JMO