| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Bailey's future?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike41

Score: 30

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Bailey's future? Reply with quote

Brent,

Did you get Bailey another kart or is he moving up to another class?

Are you guys going the USKGP again this year?

Just checking on the competition, ha, ha!

Mike
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once someone actually buys the fastest Cadet kart at B'ville Very Happy .. I will get him the next size-up chassis from Hutless and looks like probably a Mini-Max will go on it.. I think we are going to go for the FWT after the holidays and skip USKGP.. But you know how plans change when you're racing and I really do like VIR... Cool Hope everything is going alright with you guys..

CMC KARTS
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brent, you better hurry up and sell that kart, cause soon it'll be the second fastest cadet at barnesville Laughing we sold our tonykart, and now have another birel for the cadet class. we love the mini, and that class is growing fast! it would be great to have bailey out there too.
Mike41

Score: 30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Moving Up! Reply with quote

Brent,

I am leaning toward doing the same as you.

We proabably will sell the Cadet/Comer at the end of the year and look for a bigger full size chassis & Yamaha. The Yamaha classes are big up here on the sprint tracks as opposed to very few Cadet / Comers. Also, want to find something that once my son turns 12 he could road race. Currently only the Woodbridge Kart Club has a CIK class for this age group. I wish the WKA would adopt similar rules and maybe more sprinter would road race. If not we may have to wait until he's 14 so we could run Jr. Tag.

Why are the Hutless chassis so popular on the Road Courses? I don't think I have ever seen one on the sprint tracks though. I know you run them and must like them.

We are planning on going to the USKGP again and hope for better weather this year. Last year we battled ice and flurries going back home.

Good Luck and I hope to see you all at a track sometime in the future.

Mike
KevinFrench

Score: 4287

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that from behind, the Swiss Hutless looks quite nice on a sprint track. Unfortunately, that's the only perspective I can give after a year of chasing Brent.
Kosmic Mercury #602
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
My son was a factory driver for Swiss Hutless a couple of years ago. He also raced in Europe and stayed at the Swiss Hutless Factory apartments. I can tell you that these chassis are excellent for sprint racing. The reason Swiss Hutless is popular in road racing/enduro is because of the results by Brent, Holmboe, Arscott, etc. The problem is that you do not have a handful of top drivers in sprint racing them at a national level and winning. We did, but one driver for one year won't give the chassis the recognition it deserves.

If I was going to purchase a chassis, Swiss Hutless would be on my top 5 list. Others would be TopKart, Merlin, TonyKart, Kosmic

Also, if you are looking for a sprint kart for a junior driver, I would go buy the new Topkart 102 or the Merlin 102. These are bad a**. Swiss Hutless makes a 101, but do not know how well it performs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: