| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
National Points
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Carl would be so kind and tell us what needs to be done so Matt will get his 2 victories in Ocala accounted for Masters points, just like Ross and Jesse.
In this case he will be much higher than he is now.

National standings is a great place to see where Rotax is popular, but real standing will be the finishing place in Final race in September.

Ihor,

The National Points Standings are based on the points you get in your home series. Jesse's declared home series is N. Florida because when he joined Rotax he had run more races there instead of Georgia. They still list him under our series but his home series is N. Florida. Ross's points are all from the Georgia series. He has no points from any other series.

They take the five best scores from your home series. The reason Georgia drivers are doing so well in the points is because we have big classes in Senior, Masters and Micro when compared to other series. The more drivers that compete the more points are earned. Georgia included the BTK race as a drop race as part of it's series so a driver can use that race as one of their best 5 finishes.

The National points system is not designed to tell the world who is the best Rotax driver in each class. It's designed to reward and recognize the Rotax drivers who race and support their local series.

I am very proud of the Georgia Rmax Series and our Rotax members. Our Seniors and Masters fields are among the largest in the country and I want to thank all our members for declaring Georgia their home series.
Daniel White

Score: 6265

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^

Good stuff, Carl.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this issue is about settled, but Dale feels he should be heard since his son was brought into the fray. This is a message from Dale as written and sent to me.

Rick,

If you don't mind, please post this on my behalf in the "National Points" thread. I would post it myself, but Ihor has banned me from the forum so that I cannot respond to him.

Ihor, I think that you are having trouble understanding the rules and regulations, and making false assumptions. I am not sure why you feel the need to speak for Matt Tildon, I am hoping you do not speak for me as well. If you want the results from the North Florida and Georgia series to both count for Matt, you need to do as advised and plead your case to Marshall Martin, Carl cannot help you in this matter.

I am unsure why you bring the children into your campaign again and again, Ross and Jesse are not in the same or even similar situation as you have Matt Tildon in, or even Michael Bilyy as you brought him up.

Ross is being scored by Georgia Series points only. Racing in the Georgia Series does not exlcude him from participating in the North Florida Series as a visitor. He is allowed to race in Florida if he wants to.

Jesse is being scored by North Florida Series points only. Racing in North Florida does not exclude him from participating in Georgia Series events as a visitor. Jesse is allowed to race in Georgia if he wants to. Even Jeff Bacon said he is allowed to race in GSKA events, only I am banned from GSKA. I can guess that you are confused by the "Georgia" designation after Jesse's name on the National Points form. I believe that represents the State that Jesse lives in, as I believe North Florida is Jesse's official membership region.

Please do not make future references to my son on this forum without providing me with an opportunity to respond here. I thought I made myself very clear with you in person two race weekends ago in Ocala. If you are not understanding what is being said to you, it is your responsibility to make the effort to say something so that I can use shorter words to help you.

Regards,

Dale Seeley

Thanks for allowing Dale to give his opinion.

Rick
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29228

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all racers column Series means home series, only one racer have his state. That was the only concern as Carl explained me about BTK race.
And FYI, banning Dale Seeley from forum was Board decision and I was against it, AND YOU KNOW IT, Dale.
I don't know what is your problem with Matt. He is in a club for few years and you never spelled his last name correctly. I could have used anybody else, Sean or Wes, it doesn't matter, it was not point of the message. Hard to get it?

The rest of your message is blah-blah, explaining obvious stuff.
Gary Head

Score: 2752

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reminising (sp?) a little....... sure was nice way back in '06 before all this r-max challenge stuff came into play... just to come and race with guys like Jim Stump,Wes,Carl,Chuck Weaver,Matt, Ihor and myself. Yep that was pretty much all the Rotax guys, but was some good racing, even if we were on Bridgestones and pump gas.And we didn't usually have all this "good" reading on the forum either.
Oh well so much for the "good old days" progress must go on !
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary you are a genius and don't even know it. You have given me a great idea. Call me and I will run it by you.

Rick
Jory Holbrook

Score: 1771

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary Head, you are still my hero. Very Happy Very Happy

Gary Head

Score: 2752

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jory, sorry I forgot to mention your name in the "original " group of Rotax drivers ! You were there before me..... hope I didn't leave anyone else out as usually I got to see eveyones rear bumper and should have remembered everyone !
Yeah don't remind me Chuck Laughing
Jory Holbrook

Score: 1771

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, actually last year was my first year in Rotax, I got tired of watching Matt, Wes, Cory, Jim and those guys have all the fun. Now that I have experienced a shifter and all its complexities I am probably going to get back into a Rotax next season. The local commute to Barnesville for me has been missed this year. As well as planning a wedding and going thru a merger at work I need something a little more simple and easy and a shifter is neither of those.

John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jory,
That would be great to have you back. There is a great package for sale - Swiss Hutless.

Yep those shifters are fun, but a whole different level if you want to be up front. Chris and I got out of it after a couple of years due to the complexity and costs associated with running up front. Plus the racing was not as much fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: