| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
rotax racing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: rotax racing Reply with quote

Man, how about the rotax senior racing. Was that some good stuff or what. Good to see Chris w. back at the local level to see what racing is all about Very Happy .
Gary Head

Score: 2752

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for not letting me run sat. due to not having the license...I understand it's the rules but at the same time what would it have mattered for one race.
The bright side is I had a blow out on the trailer on the way home and it was nice to be able to change it in daylight
and over the course of the next six races it has saved me around
$2000.00
Daniel White

Score: 6044

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I think I can speak for many of us when I say that I'm terribly sorry that you couldn't race. I can't blame you for being disappointed (to put it lightly) at the club. I hope you will come to future races.

Congrats to Jamie for getting the win (his first, I think), especially considering his up-to-2:00 am-thrash-job just to be able to race.

Hats off to Brandon Danke for a very impressive leap in performance.

And speaking of performance, great job Jason Mauney for getting your kart back together (and being fast) after landing on your head less than a month ago.
Gary Head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "club" had nothing to do with it !
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too would like to say the days events were great, especially the Rotax senior class, what started out one way had a totally different ending. Chris W. and I was talking about the full pits looking like the early 90's, after finding out Chris signed up with Rotax I figured the rest of the class would be running for second, the fact he was using one of Brent's karts, did not hurt his chances. But, we found out why we wave the rags, Chris was super fast but mechanical gremlins took him out of the pre-final and final. Taking nothing away from Jamie and Brandon, I am sure he would like to pass along some thanks to Matt, these guys put on a great race passing each other a couple of times in the first couple of laps........then there was Cory M. running good and finishing third. What a way to end the first half of the season. Can't wait for the summer break to be over.
I, like Daniel would like to pass along our disappointment that Gary wasn't able to race, but, we do have rules set by Rotax, that we have to follow. We all think the world of Gary and know he makes a long trip to race with both GSKA and Ga RMax Challenge, but we do have to follow the rules. I have proposed to Rotax to allow for a one day membership for a case just like this, and I will again try and get my point accross to them. I know I personally would like to see Gary racing with us again after the break.
One thing about Gary he always finds good in any bad, I don't think I would have found any good in a blow out.

We look forward in the second half of the season, and banquet. Remember, like Jeff Bacon said give some input on your thoughts with the year end banquet.

Rick Sweeting
Series Director
Ga. RMax Challenge
brandon danke

Score: 538

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Great Time Saturday Reply with quote

What a great time racing. I was pysched to actually be competitive for once! Matt Tilden helped a ton, and no one else can ever ask him to wrench, ok? I also owe Brent many thanks for advice and help.
I still think the club is a great group to race with. Everyone pitches in and helps, Alan with a jet, Russel with clutch repair, Kevin with a spare gear.
I have only raced at Barnesville, but the willingness of most everyone to lend a hand or a part is what makes it fun. That and the on track racing.
See you guys at BTK and back in Bville in August!
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I hate that you decided to pack up and go home but there's not a Rotax series in the country you can race without a Rotax license.

Second, and I mentioned this to you as well, you could have run TAG.

I do have say yesterday was a great day at the track. The racing action in the Senior class was great to watch. Brandon Danke qualified outside pole and then passes Chris Weirhem in turn one. Jamie did some outstanding racing and how about Cory scoring a 3rd place in the final running faster laps then he has ever run.

I also enjoyed watching Simon Sykes pass 3 karts in turn 1.

Like I said what a great day!
Gary Head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I could have ran TAG, and maybe should have,yesterday and in the future.I just couldn't justify the $75.00 for the license not knowing if I'll even run anymore this year.

One less in ROTAX won't be missed at all.

If I see that I can run more this year or want too, then I may renew.
Actually TAG may be the way to go anyway

Question? Is the license required for every race or just the qualifiers ?
jamest

Score: 134

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man what a great day of racing! I could not have picked a better day for my wife a little boy to come to the track for the first time. Yeah it was a little hot but they got to see why I've been so excited about this kart racing stuff. They met many good people and saw how we all help each other out. It's a lot more than just the racing. Anyways, great racing guys! And how about that Danke! Man this guy is fast. Oh, thanks Cory for helping me w/ my brake gremlins and to Daniel/Kevin for letting me mooch off their tents. Hope to see everyone at the BakersCreek event!
Jamie
Cory Montgomery

Score: 1087

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlcottrell wrote:
.... and how about Cory scoring a 3rd place in the final running faster laps then he has ever run.

I actually went faster at my last race on my other chassis, but I was happy to be running as good as I was considering I just stuck a motor and seat on it and showed up. We thrashed on that thing all day long (thanks Alan, Wes, Rick, Carl, Jeff & Jamie) just to get it where it was by the last race.

Now that I have a little time maybe I can get it on the scales and get the seat mounted right. And get off a stuck rear hub.

Hope to see everyone at BTK.

Cory
#07 CRG - Rotax
#06 CRG - S125 Shifter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: