| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Fuel for 6/28
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel White

Score: 6265

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very nice of you, Rick. Sorry about the wifey thing. If you have any advice for dealing with a disgruntled spouse, I'm all ears.

I've only been married a little over a year--she hates race days. Calls herself a Saturday widow. Confused
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flowers, Nice Dinner, Massage and never ever go to bed mad at each other. 28 years of marriage. Thank god my wife loves racing too.
jeff bacon

Score: 15253

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

Is there no way someone local can pick it up for you? Jeff or Carl maybe?
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,
You are either very brave or you've figured some things out about marriage... Laughing Laughing

CMC KARTS
nporter

Score: 1952

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: fuel Reply with quote

A serious warning:

9 WORDS OR PHRASES WOMEN USE

(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually not a word, but is a nonverbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

(6) That's Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That's okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you're welcome. (I want to add in a clause here - This is true, unless she says 'Thanks a lot' - that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say 'you're welcome' ... that will bring on a 'whatever').

('8') Whatever: Is a women's way of saying SC** YOU!

(9) Don't worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking 'What's wrong?' For the woman's response refer to # 3.

STAY ON VACATION RICK !!
Patrick French

Score: 3170

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel, it's amazing how much in favor they are before you buy your kart... then, the wife doesn't want to give up those 15 race days of the year... That's all I ask for.
CRG, Rotax #08
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8475

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rick's wife has not left him by now over the racing, I think she is with him to the end!! Very Happy I remember 3 years ago when Rick brought his family to 103rd street to watch Simon race and that was in the middle of their vacation, she either really loves him or is just use to it by now !! Shocked And then there was the time a few races ago when he was at the track the morning of his daughters wedding to drop off parts, if he was not disowned over that I do not know what it takes!!! All the mothers days, Birthdays, holidays, Christmas racing in Daytona and last but not least owning a track - if that is not a divorce waiting to happen, I do not know what is Very Happy !!

Rick asked me to pick up the fuel, but I am in Florida on vacation too. See you guys on Saturday.
Mark Benton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the fuel? I'm sure someone can pick it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: