| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Briggs Jr classes proposal .
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Briggs Jr classes proposal ?
combine classes
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Leave classes seperate (Purple,Blue,Unrestricted)
46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Doesn't matter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Voted :
Total Votes : 15
This poll does not expire

Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 33813

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Briggs Jr classes proposal . Reply with quote

Would anyone be opposed on combining the purple , blue , and Jr unrestricted class into 1 gold plate class for 15 and under .
Maybe go 300 lbs. on weight .
Rather than having several small classes , we would have one big one .
With the WKA there is no longer a Jr flathead class .
Only flatheads in Gold Cup are 15 and over , the rest are animals .
Just an idea .
Southern Star Karting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very new to 4 cycle racing and admit I know nothing about it, but, since my 10 year old son will be racing briggs for the first time next season (jr2) I would have no objection to combining classes , I would rather him be on the track with a lot of karts as opposed to 3 or 4 . I think doing this would also bring the skill level of younger drivers along more quickly. I may not be understanding this correctly and if so please set me in the right direction.
Also for new 4 cycle dads what would be the estamated top speed difference using the 2 plates.

thanks

steve bushell (TAG)
case hall ( briggs jr2 )
Mike Pugh
Race Director

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that running a blue plate with 275 lbs. would be just about the same speed as a gold with 300 lbs.
And Steve if you need any help in the 4 cycle stuff please feel free to ask .
raceway-motorsports.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see if I understand this, you want to put a 7 or 8 year old in with a 15 or 16 year old and race. First off if you really want to discourage a new kid that should do it. Then think of the maturity difference, an 8 and 15 year old are 180 degrees apart. Now add the weight factor, are you going to require and 7 or 8 year old (probably around 40-50 lbs) to weight 300 lbs (kart/driver) I know I would not want 250+ kart on top of my kid if they should turn over. There is enough weight added to a kart just to get a kid in an 8-12 year class to 235 or 250 lbs. Then we have basically an unrestriced kart in the hands of a capable driver running around the track with a kid who has never raced, we must not remember the last race when they were just qualifing purple and blue together and the unsafe conditions. Let's think about it.
And before you jump on me John, I am not opposed to kids jumping into a fast class, but keep the engines the same and the basic national organizations age grouping.
An 8-15 year old class, whew.
JMO
raceway-motorsports.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve welcome to four cycle racing, is that possibly an Invader kart you are riding? Cool
Mike Pugh
Race Director

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chill ...
Just putting an idea out there .
Maybe seperate the purple plates ?
Very Good Point about the maturity difference .
I didnt agree with WKA going 12 - 15 unrestricted last year either but we went with the Gold Cup rules .
This year there is no flathead class for us .
Its all local option .
Just putting ideas in peoples heads and looking at votes .

Steve Don't let us run you off .
Believe it or not we are all Friends !