| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
AN APOLOGY FROM SCOTT TARRER.................

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip

Score: 47584

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject: AN APOLOGY FROM SCOTT TARRER................. Reply with quote

From down below the pics on the GSKA facebook page:

today my heart is filling heavy. at the race at barnsville yesturday, i was involved in a wreck with some one in the first turn, forget his name (he knows who he is) i know the face. i just would like to apologize to all of those involved for anything that i said wrong or did wrong, after the wreck. i know that it was not done intentional. things like that happen in racing and i know that. i have been involved in racing and in motorsports for many years and i know this stuff happens. the whole thing just got the best of me, i think mainly due to the night race before that when a driver tried to split me and another driver out of the first turn and it had to be done intentional, i was told that guy drives that way. so i jumped to conclusions when the one sat happened. to all the people at the track that follow this page and to all those in the club, i am truely sorry for my actions. i am a christian and it was not right but lets remember i am human, i have ask God to forgive me for my actions and ask that you all forgive me as well. i spoke to the guy involved and i think we both are ok. as some one that has been in motorsports for a long time and as some one that is an owner of a race team that runs in Nascar stuff, i know that stuff happens that we cant help during a race. i guess what i would like to ad is that as a racer in what ever sport you race in, a little advise that maybe handy to someone to help with making a decision that may prevent the same thing from happing. when the guy had been behinde me for several laps, the thing to do is to watch the guy you are behind and pay attention to the line that he runs each lap. if you see that in the corner he goes deep inside every time then you should not chose to make a commitment to that inside and try something different. this is just stuff that i have learned with many other things a long the way and hope it may help someone else. i am not better than anyone else and i always welcome something to help me learn because at 50 i am still learning. mainly i want to apologize to everyone and especialy all the kids that were there. it was not the right way to act and for that i am sorry. i know alot of the people in the GSKA club as i raced with them may races several years ago. i consider the GSKA club a place that is very family and friendly place and the people are the same i am proud to be able to race there with all you guys, and you all are top notch. i will be back to race and hope that all of you will welcome me as i am proud of what you all stand for and appreciate the opportunity to race with you all. thanks for everything!!!!
Daniel White

Score: 6302

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before Scott left the track, he stopped by Brian's pit, which was next to mine, and apologized for his reaction to the incident. It was a sincere apology, and Scott is a stand-up guy for doing it.

Once I was plowed into from behind, and the driver flew over me, hit me in the shoulder with his kart, which then landed on my steering column, bending it. His comment: "You braked early."

Once I was hit ON THE STRAIGHT during a race and pushed off the track. The driver's comment: "It happens." (Unbelievable)

Once I was hit from behind DURING OFFICIAL PRACTICE so hard that I felt something came loose or broke on my bumper. His comment, "I barely touched you."

Once during a race, a driver behind me spun out in the Monza, then confronted me afterward, implying that I was the reason he spun. His comment, "Are you that slow?"

My point is that Scott took responsibility for what he did, which in my experience is rare.
Michael-Brown

Score: 1468

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love and respect Scott for manning up and making things right. this will go down as one of the great reasons and examples of righting a wrong and to be in GSKA. now if we can get those guys who wronged Daniel the world will be a better place... koodos to both for hold the line doing what is the right thing to do.
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 36165

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael-Brown wrote:
Gotta love and respect Scott for manning up and making things right. this will go down as one of the great reasons and examples of righting a wrong and to be in GSKA. now if we can get those guys who wronged Daniel the world will be a better place... koodos to both for hold the line doing what is the right thing to do.

Ditto