| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #14 Registration
2014-11-01 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Thanks to Race Director, flagmen and volunteers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiDAD

Score: 920

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Thanks to Race Director, flagmen and volunteers Reply with quote

Another great SAFE day of racing.

I appreciate the effort Mike and the other flagman put forth. I know it is not easy dealing with all of the issues that go on during a race, but we could not race without you guys.

It was hot and we know you are not paid much. It is for the love of racing and GSKA.

I take my hat off and applaud each of you. THANK YOU for all you do for the racers at GSKA.
Crew Chief #13 David Lawrence
Jeff Foust

Score: 4068

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that! Thanks to all the workers, board members, and everyone else that makes GSKA racing possible!
Michael-Brown

Score: 1349

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i third that!! and troy 4ths it too!! in all seriousness, cooler head MUST prevail. there are more kids there racing and with their families and they do not need to have to witness some of the events of today. please for those who read this do all you can to keep this a fun event in the lives of the young and old. please..
Larry Foust

Score: 1518

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to thank everyone that came to: race, pit crew, cook, tend the corners, try to keep everything cool (the race director) and watch. Without everyone that comes out for race day, we would not have this organization! A special thanks goes out to all that "help" fellow karters in need, whether it's advice, a nut or bolt. or an entire engine,,,,,,, you all are the BEST!
1977 Margay Panther X - Mc 93
1978 Margay Pro X - KT100
1984 Margay SR-16 - No engine yet
1997 Margay Syncro Quad - PRD RK100
1963 Neal Torsion-Flex? - Mc 92 with Margay Gear Box
???? Aluminum Endro (Unknown) - No engine yet
Jeff Foust

Score: 4068

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael-Brown wrote:
in all seriousness, cooler head MUST prevail. there are more kids there racing and with their families and they do not need to have to witness some of the events of today. please for those who read this do all you can to keep this a fun event in the lives of the young and old. please..

Agreed... I know "that's racin", but from what I've seen in the last year and a half, that's not what GSKA is about!
Kris Verock

Score: 799

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying this as a newcomer to the sport and to the club/ track, I was a little taken back about a couple of incidents I witnessed.
I'll say too, I don't know any of the parties involved, so this is no way intended as a personal attack on anyone.

I can understand that in the heat of the moment "crap happens" but when your screaming at someone in the middle of the track, in front of dozens of very young kids, its time to take a step back and cool off.

There is no excuse for that and sets a VERY bad example for other parents that might be just getting their kid into the sport, and for the kids themselves.
I'm a very calm and easy going dude, but rest assured if that were my kid you were talking to like that, we'd be having words at your race trailer.

Here's a thought: If you have years and years of race experience, maybe teach people the correct line, correct passing technique, or correct line defense instead of screaming at them that they "need to learn how to race"
That's what some people are there to do. Learn how to race.

Last edited by Kris Verock on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
DigiDAD

Score: 920

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris, my son was racing in the Yamaha class Saturday. Fortunately David was not caught up in the fray.

This is our second year and I can tell you it was an isolated incident. Our experience has been extremely positive.

GSKA is very family oriented and I can wholeheartedly endorse it for families.

What you will see on any race day is anyone willing to help each other out. We would not still be racing if everyone had not helped us.

I am confident it was an anomaly. There are too many good people involved to let that behavior continue.

Do not let an isolated incident stand between you and an excellent experience for you and your family.

Please feel free to pm me or let any of us know if we can help you move forward.
Crew Chief #13 David Lawrence
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47556

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not there, the first race I missed this year, but I am appalled by the behavior exhibited by certain racers on 7/26/14, as reported and caught on video by several trusted sources who were at the trac.

This is NOT the image I want to project for karting in general or the GSKA in particular. Especially for the many new, very young racers who have been attending.

I apologize for all who had to witness this, and thank all 99.9% who kept calm, cool and collected and handled the situation.

I am asking that the Board address this and incidents like this. I will have something to say about it at our next drivers meeting.

Please everyone be there. c
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28702

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure seemed to me that things ran like clockwork on Saturday, even better than usual. No vacation hangover for our dedicated crew! Great job guys!

DT
Michael-Brown

Score: 1349

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with each statement above. i would not like to see anyone take away a negative from their experience at the track or with GSKA as a whole.
this being my Sons first year karting and mine as a pit crew dad, i have felt from the very beginning that we found a great place to enjoy doing something together as father and son. from the first person i talked to at the track through this last race, i can only say that each and everyone has been incredibly friendly welcoming us and sharing their experiences/ knowledge. i know i can trust everyone as good friends. and talk about helpful! holy mackerel, each time i've had an issue, be it as minor as how much air to put in a tire to swapping out an engine, i've not had to ask more than once nor even had to ask at all, everyone has gone WAY beyond the call of duty to help. anyone there has seen me struggle being the pit guy because i had zero.. zip nada experience with karting. each trip home i tell my son 'what a great bunch of folks.' he immediately agrees and we thank our Lord for this experience.
so, please anyone reading this post please remember that what happened on Saturday was the only time that has happened. oh yes there have been many other spinouts and bumps but each time folks take it on the cheek and go on racing. and when they are finished, they enjoy talking about what happened and in most cases they help each other. THIS IS A HUGE FAMILY to me. we are all seekers of the same, fun and fellowship. we don't start the racing without a prayer and the national anthem so we begin grounded in the best that can be.
my thanks to GSKA staff.. can't say enough about them and GSKA. there is no place like home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: