| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #10 Registration
2014-08-23 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
AMP Post Race

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin Hunt

Score: 163

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: AMP Post Race Reply with quote

I wanted to thank everyone who came out today and made our first AMP sanctioned event a resounding success. We had a great time and I truly hope we can continue moving forward with a series at both tracks. I know some of our members got a chance to talk to a few of you today, and will likely be attending your races very soon. Thank you again on behalf of everyone at AMP!
mjohnson

Score: 1275

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: amp post race Reply with quote

We had a great time at AMP today. Few of us from Bville took some brochures and passed them out .We invited the AMP crowd to come down to Bville and race. We had a very good response. When we asked about a possible AMP/GSKA shoot out series the AMP racers seem to be very interested. AMP had a large group of tag's. I think there was a total of 17 in that class . I would like to see more races there as a GSKA group.
Jeff Foust

Score: 3849

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a lot of fun as well. Considering you guys had something like a month to get things going, I thought the entire day ran very smoothly and the AMP staff did a great job! I laughed when I saw the schedule that was planned down to the minute, but for the most part we stuck right to it and things moved very nicely all day long.

I agree with Jeremy when he said that it can be mutually beneficial for both tracks to work together. Like Mark said, there were a whole swarm of TaGs out there that we would love to see at Barnesville, along with the Yamaha guys. I don't see tracks "stealing" membership from each other at all. As far as my two racers go, Barnesville will always be home, and AMP or any other track will be in addition to the GSKA schedule.

BTW, the kids really liked the podium ceremony at the end of the day too. I think that's something cool that we could do at GSKA (just the podium part.. unless Dr. Chip is going on engrave trophies under the scoring tower as the races finish!)
rubentarca

Score: 2649

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day at a very fast truck, when I passed out brochures from GSKA everybody was VERY interested on having a combined championship between GSKA and AMP.
The idea was to have 2 or 3 races at each track counting for a Georgia championship, for example: AMP run once at month, well one of those dates will be at GSKA and others at AMP .
Both series will run their championship but if you want to became a Georgia champ need to run some of those dates, the guys loved the idea.
Now to be fair for everybody going to AMP they should need to better mark the turns, most of them are blind and without better marking will be an advantage for their regulars knowing the track by memory.
Again fast, smooth track only needs better turn signals .
And the chances of a Georgia championship are in many guys wishes
Larry Foust

Score: 1387

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeremy and Justin,
It was a beautiful day on a great track looking forward to the AMP guys coming down to Barnesville and I'm ready to return to AMP for another well run race.
1977 Margay Panther X - Mc 93
1978 Margay Pro X - KT100
1984 Margay SR-16 - No engine yet
1997 Margay Syncro Quad - PRD RK100
1963 Neal Torsion-Flex? - Mc 92 with Margay Gear Box
???? Aluminum Endro (Unknown) - No engine yet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: