| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
GSKA 2014 - Suggestion Thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete michel

Score: 445

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I had the track in Miami in the 70s and 80s we ran three heats. 1st heat by qualifying 2nd heat reverse start of 1 st heat. 3rd heat high point started on pole and so forth. points from each heat totaled to determined finishing position,or you could say winner of 3rd heat overall winner. Reversing 2nd heat makes for some great racing. Makes for better drivers they learn how to pass, something that is missing with current karting systems in general.

m
DigiDAL Racing

Score: 617

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Junior Classes for 2014 Reply with quote

I would first like to say how much fun we have had as a family this year. It has been a blast. We could NOT have done this without the help of everyone at Barnesville. We are looking forward to 2014.

I do believe there is something special about Barnesville and we should do what we can to preserve the club, track and continue to grow. After our first year of learning it is clear Barnesville is a breeding ground for top notch racers. Look at the results of our drivers. I am impressed.

We love the idea of running Junior 2 as ProGas Animal and not clone. That is a GREAT idea. I think this would help Junior 1 moving up as well. Maybe give the option of Junior 1 running Pro Gas with a restrictor.

The current problem for us as well as other younger drivers is there is no Clone now in WKA. It is clear Gas Animal is growing. We invested heavily in clones this year only to have it dropped nationally!

David would like to run Yamaha Jr., leaving the class as is and then we could also run ProGas same day. More options equal more drivers. The junior classes are a great group and excellent racers. We need to do all we can to encourage this group. This is the future of the club.

However, I don't think we need to do away with clone at Barnesville, I do believe there is a place for them. and the older classes are doing well. I also believe firmly in having a learning class for new drivers if they choose. Or even in the future the club could have several clones as trainer karts and have scheduled practices and classes on non race weekends. Maybe weekends where anyone can come out and give it a try. Clone is a great place to start

DigiDAL DAD
George Lawrence
David Lawrence-#13
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46430

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George-that is what karting, the GSKA and Lamar County Speedway is all about. We have a tradition going back to 1959.

Clones will not go away. We will keep them as long as people want to race them. There is another organization that publishes rules we can use. They just published their 2014 rules

I would love to do driving schools for newbys and experienced racers alike. I have taken many performance driving schools for both cars and motorcycles.we can follow their protocols.

Start with a brief classroom session, walk the track, then do lead /follow, practice starts, and discuss what flags mean and how to react to them as a driver.

I would be glad to help,with them, and we could get some good children and adult drives to help out. And we have one world ranked professional driver/instructor in our group. Maybe I can convince him to help out. C
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33487

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the keys to success in karting are:
1. Proper driving line. I see many new karters driving into the corner/ apex vs making a good arch
2. Brake in a straight line vs trail braking.
3. Caring speed through and out of the corner vs carrying too much speed into the corner and slow exit speed.
Daniel White

Score: 6070

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wehrheim wrote:
In my opinion the keys to success in karting are:
1. Proper driving line. I see many new karters driving into the corner/ apex vs making a good arch
2. Brake in a straight line vs trail braking.
3. Caring speed through and out of the corner vs carrying too much speed into the corner and slow exit speed.

John forgot to mention one of his keys to success: that little gizmo on his steering wheel that helps him adjust his high speed needle. Razz
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33487

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel, don't let out my secret! Of course you know I have a tendency to tune myself out! LOL.
Jason Walker

Score: 1241

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Jax Walker Race Plans Reply with quote

Jax will be running Kid Kart and Kid Clone. We will also have a new racer Jack Gambino in Kid Clone.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason-looks like we have the potential of several new kid racers for 2014. Kid racers insure karting's future.

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help you with your racing efforts! c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chip,
I was speaking with Jason Walker yesterday regarding 2014 classes. Wanted to let you know we intend to run Justin in Kid Clone in 2014, and our daughter Stefanie will take over Justin's LO206 kart in Kid Kart. I have two more Cadet-size chassis in the garage, and might put together another Kid Kart for Justin to facilitate running in both classes.

Also, I sold Justin's original Comer 50cc kart to a co-worker, and he intends to run his son Jasper (whom we brought with us to the banquet at D&B's) in the Comer Kid Kart class. Pending any conflicts with my NASA, SCCA, and F600 car racing schedules, we intend to be at every event.

Please pass on this information to Chuck as well.

Thanks, Jason Fitzpatrick
Shaverty

Score: 1032

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be bringing 2 newcomers to the kid kart class this year, my son Conall and daughter Molly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: