| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Pro Gas class for next year
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Austin18

Score: 4198

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Pro Gas class for next year Reply with quote

Pro Gas Class for next year? comments.
DrChip

Score: 47584

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a racer: I am in favor of it. Good stepping stone for our younger racers.

If they show up, I believe we should make a class for them

Time will tell if this class grows..c
Chuck Newman
Club Vice President

Score: 6077

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was interesting watching Connor run his yesterday with Chris and Xander. I told Darrin I thought Connor would kill them off the corner, but I thought they would be faster at the end of the straights. It turned out that neither was really true; they were pretty much equal everywhere, although the difference between 6500 rpm and 14000 rpm was kind of cool, as far as listening to them.

At the end of the day, it looked to me as though you got Yamaha speed with just a little more than clone money, and about half of Yamaha money (comparing new to new).

I would really like to know what Stevie thinks about long term costs between the Pro Gas and a clone.

Edit: misspelled Connor's name. That's just wrong.

Last edited by Chuck Newman on Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Darrin Tebbe
Information Technology

Score: 29028

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, we were running unrestricted Pro Gas Animal at 320# We actually ran qualifying and the heat race at 330# and pretty much ran the same times. The big cam that is spec in the pro gas formula doesn't have the grunt off the corner that the stock methanol animals have, and they like to rev. I think we would have been a little quicker with some more gear on there, yesterday was the 1st time we'd ran the package at all. The motor was one of Baker's used rental motors, we bought it for $500 when he sold out his fleet at the end of the year. I don't think anyone would argue 24.30's at $500 (or $895 new) is a pretty good bang for the buck. Baker swears there should be no maintenance required for a full season, minimum. I would think maybe the valve springs might need to be replaced after 4 or 5 race weekends, but they are really beefy (compared to clone) so Stevie would probably know better about that.

Here's the video:

Our tires were just coming in when Connor had to pull off because of a loose bolt in the motor mount (don't ask)...

DT
Mike Pugh
Race Director

Score: 36151

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious "Tater Digging". Very Happy

John Wehrheim

Score: 34019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on what I saw on the track and now mylaps I think there is an opportunity to run theses two engine packages together.
Austin18

Score: 4198

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do people feel about a senior pro gas {per wka} and one senior clone class. Weight for clone class to be determined...
DrChip

Score: 47584

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin18 wrote:
How do people feel about a senior pro gas {per wka} and one senior clone class. Weight for clone class to be determined...

Instead of all our present classes?

I am in favor of a senior pro gas per wka.

I believe the Sportman class is valuable for newbys and we slower racers. It has been one of our most popular classes based on numbers. Sportsman could be tweaked by having the winner of a race start at the back of the next race, in addition to the three wins and out.

BTW, I love these discussions! It helps mold the GSKA to what is important to the racers..c
Xracing36

Score: 1936

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that for next year in senior divisions, we could combine our Senior Clone WKA and our Senior Clone Medium into a multi-class competition, like how Sportsman was turned into this year.

In sportsman, you could add 40 lbs and run the larger pipe, or take the 40 lbs off and run a small pipe. Put the same system in for Senior Clone and score them equally for points - we definitely have optimal numbers for such and it gives opportunity for younger drivers who may be lighter to advance, like Haley Kummer and Aiden Crean did this past race. If possible, lower the age requirement to 14, and take out the middle Junior division altogether.

If a similar deal could be done for Gas Animal without a sportsman division, I think it could be optimal for our club in both kart support and efficiency of our time for each race weekend. The reason I am saying this is that potentially Junior 2 could have about 1-2 full-time drivers next year.
jjkummer

Score: 943

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in favor of combining classes but you cant do away with jr 2. Reason is the weight difference involved in moving kids from jr 1 (265) to jr2 (320) is alot, now consider having to get them to 350 its almost impossible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: