| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
AMP Race Dec. 14th.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
redefined

Score: 1148

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending ya a message now. I'd be there next weekend too but it's my wife's birthday. Laughing I wouldn't make it back in time for dinner so I'd be sleepin with the dogs Arguing
DrChip

Score: 47584

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward-yep,,we will talk next trip. ROAD TRIP! c
DrChip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to put off my clone test and tune until after the end of our regular GSKA season end of Nov.

I need to save my engine and tires for our races

We should have plenty of time after the season ends. Maybe several of us can meet up there to test, with different class karts. C
Jeff Foust

Score: 4176

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd love to go test sometime, and I can run Daniel in kid clone or Jr1 configuration.. We've got the weights and plates to go either way!
redefined

Score: 1148

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr Chip are you still planning to come on the 29th, with a TAG maybe?
DrChip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to pass on the 10/29 date because I need to save my tires and engine til the end of the season. I am in a close points race.

I am available after our last Barnesville race in Nov. I can be there any days except Fridays. Can't wait to run AMP kart track. Have run the car track twice now. C
Dev Gore

Score: 423

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and make it. For any one that needs help gearing and set up wise I am willing to help. I ran my yamaha a few times there on the A track and had no problems (with pipe). Gearing wise I think is about the same if not a little lower than Rotax. I think I was on a 72 gear but I am not totally sure. there are a lot of videos on youtube for people who want to learn the line. I never got around to working on a set up for yamaha but I will help the best I can. I have not run the track since they started adding run off area but depending on the curbing they have but in I think I will be using the space to my advantages. If any one needs help just let me know.

I will probably be up there for practice some time before the race.
bspek

Score: 5042

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: AMP Race Dec. 14th. Reply with quote

John Wehrheim wrote:
As many of you know from the drivers meeting, GSKA and TS Racing are working together to race at AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park).

The idea is to have a winter series Dec, Jan and Feb. The first race is planned for Dec 14th. Hopefully the weather will be good enough to race.

The important part on this, is we can use our rules and tires for all Yamaha classes. For TAG, they may require you to use the Vega tire.

As the current Sr. 2 Cycle Director, I would like to encourage everyone, especially the 2 cycle drivers to make every effort to come race on December 14th.

This is a fun track with the elevation changes. With the improved runoff on a couple of corners, I now feel the track is safe to race on.

Hopefully all the Yamaha drivers will come up.

Last edited by bspek on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Fry

Score: 878

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my note below to the AMP members, we finally received the go on a couple dates for this winter which includes the Dec 14th combined club race. We are excited about having many of you joining us in December. More details to follow. Thanks, Jim Fry

AMP Karting Members and Friends,

Sorry for the delay, but we finally have some dates and details for our Winter Racing Series. Our first race will be Sunday, November 10th. This race will be open to members and non-members. Attached is a provisional competition schedule. There is a Pro Cup kart race Sunday morning, so the gates will open at 10:00 AM, with pre-race tech and registration until 11:30 AM. Lunch will be from 11:30 – 12:45 PM which will include our 2013 Season Awards Ceremony honoring the top finishers in each class and we will finish lunch with our driver’s meeting. Our one and only practice will start at 1:00 PM followed by a 10 lap pre-final race. The starting order for the pre-final race will be by a blind draw and then we will finish the day with a 15 lap final race. The starting order for the final race will be based on your finish in the pre-final. All competition will be on the new ‘B’ extended track. The entry form for this race should be available on the TS Racing Atlanta website within the next couple days.

Our next race will be on Saturday, December 14th. We will run this race in conjunction with the GSKA (GA Sprint Karting Assoc.) group that races at Barnesville. We will run our normal classes plus all their classes. The GSKA are very excited about joining us and we should have a nice group in attendance. We will run as normal with practice starting at 9:00 AM and the racing will be complete before 5:00 PM. A detailed schedule will be posted on the TS website in the near future.

We have tentatively scheduled races for January and February depending on interest and attendance at our first two winter races. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Jim Fry
John Wehrheim

Score: 34019

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Jim. I can't speak for everyone, but I'm looking forward to the event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: