| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #11 Registration
2014-09-06 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
AMP Race Dec. 14th.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DannyK

Score: 1193

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xracing36 wrote:
I know that this was somewhat mentioned earlier, but the biggest concern I can see with this race would be setups. From what I could tell on their racedays or even our own, we'd get 2 to 3 practice session in the morning. That's not a lot of time for drivers to get the track's driving line down, figure out a gear, and do some chassis tuning.

For those who have been up to the circuit for testing, if they would be willing to at least give out some baseline setup info before we head up there, I think we would all be fine. It just seems like a lot of work on a raceday that shouldn't be that way without any points.

Also, lots of members are happy to bring guests. I know several members are planning on going saturday, and all day next wed.
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46929

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xander-I was thinking of this as well. My biggest issue is gearing for a clone.

We have had several people run 2strokes up there-I am sure they could give us some info. c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xander-Danny K has the idea. Arrange for a practice day up there as a guest with a member. I would come along as well, and help you and get some info on clones. C
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realized that we do not know what track we will be running on. Many events are held on the A" track. And now there has been some modifications of the tracks including a new configuration, We would has to practice on the same track we will race on to collect meaningful data..c
redefined

Score: 1148

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm planning to go up on the 29th for a full day. There is a private party from 1-3 but the rest of the day members have full A track.

Hit me up and I can see about taking some of you as guests and what the fees are.

Let me know if the 29th works for any of you.

-Matt
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33593

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone racing the GSKA classes will have the setup for track A other than the TAG or Yamaha Sportsman.

If we use Track C that I outlined in this post no one has used this layout.

You'll need to add grip in your kart. This could be just castor but may need other changes. You'll need to drop 8-14 teeth depending on the layout.
DannyK

Score: 1193

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gut is that Track A and B extended (C is the rental kart course) will have extremely similar gearing. Your entry speeds to the highest speed straights should be the same for each A and B extended. With that said Matt above offered to bring a guest or 2 on the 29th. On the 29th A track will be run most of the day, but B extended will be run for 2 hours that day. So that would be a good chance to try both and start to nail down setup the changes needed.

John TaG gearing should be readily available. I can tell you 12-76 is a good starting point with 12-78 being a more forgiving ratio. Thats for rotax.

KT100 ratios should be available too as TS runs them in their training schools, ill see if i can find that out.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to go out to Amp to run my clone on 10/29. I will,start with the Wiennie pipe. I have a big pipe I can try if I have time,but not sure my jetting will,right for that one. Will be looking at max RPMs. Anything else?

I am not the fastest clone driver on the planet Shocked but may gather some usable info. Any other clone drivers able to go out who can play hooky from work? Can meet me in Decatur and ride out. Bob B?

No one on their death bed wished they had spent more time at work c
redefined

Score: 1148

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone could also buy my Arrow X1 chassis and come run with us in TAG Smile

I'll see you on the 29th!
edward 54

Score: 2177

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: AMP RACE DEC. 14 Reply with quote

Dr. Chip/Redefined I would like too tag alonged on oct .29 and go to AMP I could bring my tag and clone to get some data and bring back for other guys can use. Dr. Chip I will see you next week at the track and we will talk and get more details. See you soon. PS redefined if you like to contact me email me and leave your number in my box thanks.

Edward 54 razor/arrow Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: