| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
IF I am elected, ideas for 2014...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xracing36

Score: 1705

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case then why put in the effort to fix it up? As Dr.Chip said they did do a similar thing a couple of years ago, but for the few that come there they usually bring their own chairs or simply stay in their cars.
Rich G

Score: 209

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify what I'm thinking of as TLC, 5 minutes extra with a weed eater on race weeks and looking at boards every now and then to see if they are loose. Its more about perception than if they are used, First impressions are important.
Karting is a family sport, not everyone will always be in the pits.
I know that the club doesn't own the track, and doesn't need to spend excess monies on the stands. Now if it was more of a watchable experience that may get people in the stands, so maybe the sign with the radio station info could also have a general start time, of heats and features?
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46306

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich G wrote:
There is allot of overhead with a snack stand, and with as few people in them it would be cheaper to leave a box of snacks over there with a free snacks
Not trying to be a smarty about that, just real.

A real important point about our Firehouse Cafe:

The land and building were financed by our own Dr. Jason Lee. It represents a $100-150K investment on his part. The land was not a part of the track property and was, in fact, for sale. We were not allowed to use or park on the property before he bought it and built the clubhouse.

And Dr. Lee rebuilt the clubhouse earlier this year after the suspected tornado destroyed the less than year old building. And he included air conditioning, and indoor plumbing.

And the food is provided by our track EMTs/volunteer fire department workers Vicki and Glenn Forsyth. The money there is used to help the Barnesville Community, such as aid to the survivors of the Barnesville tornado of a few years back. In addition of using the funds generated by the food sales, Glen personally gave his own money for tornado survivors to buy basics, such as clothing. And Glen was on the scene to actually retrieve the body of one of the three persons killed in the Barnesville tornado. c
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46306

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I invite anyone to pitch in and help out with any work needed to help improve OUR club.

A small group shows up for each work day. I have personally picked up trash around the property in 95 degree August sun, help rebuild the spectator stands, and laid on the track in the March weather hand filling cracks in our track along side 78 year old "Paw-Paw" and a select few other volunteers. This year Bob B. and i to promoted and ran the annual 3 day Vintage karting event that is the single biggest contributor to the GSKA treasury.

And the Austins make sure the track grounds are cut, trimmed and blown before each event.

Maybe someone can bring a trimmer and use it before the next race, and have a copy made of the track FM radio station number sign posed in the pits. c
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28126

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:

Maybe someone can bring a trimmer and use it before the next race, and have a copy made of the track FM radio station number sign posed in the pits. c

There is already a radio station sign over there, just like the one that's in the pits. We installed it when we did all the fence improvements before the Gold Cup last year, and then re-installed it after the tornado knocked the fence down over there.

DT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: