| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
AMP Race Dec. 14th.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47437

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gives GSKA an opportunity to run at AMP, on the cheap, and without the AMP $2500 membership fee, $50 month dues and $10 each time you use the track. The winter series does not compete with the regular GSKA schedule. If GSKA members don't like their first AMP experience, they do not have to return. C
Jeff Foust

Score: 3990

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:
jfoust wrote:
My daughter's birthday is the 14th, so we won't be there Sad We definitely want to go, but it won't happen that week. If the series continues, put us down for future races for sure!

Bring her to the track and we will have a party there for her! c

Believe me, I tried that one already - the wife wasn't buying into it! Sad Guess we'll just be playing catch-up at race #2.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: AMP Race Dec. 14th. Reply with quote

RWS wrote:
John Wehrheim wrote:
As many of you know from the drivers meeting, GSKA and TS Racing are working together to race at AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park).

What does GSKA (as a club) get from this? This just looks like a winter series you are promoting for TS Racing and AMP.

RWS
First it would be nice to know your name.
Second. This race does not compete with GSKA as we are done after November.
Third. Our big classes Clone and Yamaha JR and Sr are non existent at AMP. Their big classes are TAG SR and JR and Yamaha Sportsman.
Forth. They only race once per month
Fifth, and most importantly. We should not be short sided and look at this as "US vs Them". Lets look at this for the betterment of karting. Let's all agree that we need to grow karting in GA.

Lastly I believe Everyone wants to race in bigger fields. One of the ways to do this is to collaborate together and promote karting.

I also would like to see a 4 race series next year. 2 races at GSKA and 2 at AMP.

So how does GSKA benefit. Let's not look at which club benefits but that the karter benefits with
*More racers to race against
*Another challenging track
*Help grow the sport
Jeff Foust

Score: 3990

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly said, John! I think it's a fantastic opportunity for both clubs/tracks and GA karting in general! Cool

I know some folks were clamoring for variety in the track at Barnesville, and I can see how folks might get tired of the same layout race after race, year after year, so having a handful of additional races at AMP (and bringing those guys down here for a few) is a great way to get a change of pace.
Daniel White

Score: 6265

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is vaguely reminiscent of the discussion in the Yamaha / HPV thread. Rolling Eyes
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8475

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two clubs working together is nothing but good for everyone.
AtlantaKarting.com

Score: 386

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the answers, the orgianl question was due in part by the way the thread started, it made it seem like it was a joint effort, but I guess I just read it wrong.

Keep up the great work!
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47437

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RWS wrote:
Thanks for all the answers, the orgianl question was due in part by the way the thread started, it made it seem like it was a joint effort, but I guess I just read it wrong.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you sir. We need everyone's support to take GSKA to the next higher level! c
Larry Foust

Score: 1501

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Foust wrote:
DrChip wrote:
jfoust wrote:
My daughter's birthday is the 14th, so we won't be there Sad We definitely want to go, but it won't happen that week. If the series continues, put us down for future races for sure!

Bring her to the track and we will have a party there for her! c

Believe me, I tried that one already - the wife wasn't buying into it! Sad Guess we'll just be playing catch-up at race #2.

And if your wife is not buying into the first race, I'm sure mine isn't going to either. Crying or Very sad Jeff and I will both see you all at the second race Very Happy !
1977 Margay Panther X - Mc 93
1978 Margay Pro X - KT100
1984 Margay SR-16 - No engine yet
1997 Margay Syncro Quad - PRD RK100
1963 Neal Torsion-Flex? - Mc 92 with Margay Gear Box
???? Aluminum Endro (Unknown) - No engine yet
Xracing36

Score: 1830

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this was somewhat mentioned earlier, but the biggest concern I can see with this race would be setups. From what I could tell on their racedays or even our own, we'd get 2 to 3 practice session in the morning. That's not a lot of time for drivers to get the track's driving line down, figure out a gear, and do some chassis tuning.

For those who have been up to the circuit for testing, if they would be willing to at least give out some baseline setup info before we head up there, I think we would all be fine. It just seems like a lot of work on a raceday that shouldn't be that way without any points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: