| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #14 Registration
2014-11-01 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
new wka yamaha hpv class rules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel White

Score: 6279

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xracing36 wrote:
At the same time, I can understand the reasoning for allowing VEGAs into TaG due to the amount, or lack thereof, of drivers in the class, but as for Yamaha, I don't see the point. The class is building, and with the addition of two Yamaha Junior drivers moving to the Senior class full-time for next year and a sportsman driver moving to Junior this year - we aren't starving.

AMP does not benefit from us allowing Vega tires for TAG. In fact, they COULD lose entry fee money from time to time. So . . .

if we allow Vega for both TAG and Yamaha, AMP actually benefits--by being able to sell tires to GSKA's Yamaha drivers, as well as increasing their numbers in Yamaha.

IMO, it's a good thing if both organizations benefit and, since no senior drivers do national events, this exclusive tire situation just costs the karters more money if they want to try another track every now and then.
Daniel White

Score: 6279

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RWS wrote:
If you use the "cater to the AMP crowd" as your way of improving the number of entries for 2014, I think you will once again be disapointed in the entry numbers as you have to be in 2013.
AMP has on an average, 1 adult yamaha racer, and maybe 2 junior yamaha racer, none of which have even considered coming to Barnesville, they have on the average 15 adult TaG racers, which I am going to say 40% have their karts stored at AMP, how many of those do you think will make transportation arraignments to race at your track in 2014?

What I am getting at is, take a look at the real reason you have only 3 yamaha guys on an average, and 1 TaG guy, I don't believe it is the choic of tire.

If AMP doesn't have a race on a given week, those members may very well decide to come to B'ville, not every time, but perhaps 2-3 times a year--I think that was John's point. Short of getting new drivers into the sport, I don't see how we can increase our numbers.

What is the reason we only have 4-6 Yamaha racers each time?
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track lights and heavy promotion is my goal for 2004..

Lights...no promises

Heavy promotion...will be done..c
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28669

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From someone who actually races 4 cycle, Yamaha, and TaG at all of these tracks, here's the bottom line. We are wasting our time to try and draw TaG and Shifter karts to barnesville. AMP, MMX, and CMP are just far better tracks to race those types of karts. For guys on TaG and shifters it's no fun to run by yourself, and there is really nothing to learn at Barnesville that you can apply anywhere else you race those karts. So the best thing GSKA can do is focus on the members who are already racing those classes, keep them there and then as existing members move up the ladder they can choose Yamaha or TaG to advance to. Most of the growth we've seen in the Yamaha classes has been from our 4 cycle class racers "graduating" to the faster Yamaha classes. For 4 cycle and yamahas Barnesville is a great track to race on. There are just too many better options for TaG racers.

The focus needs to be on keeping the existing racers happy, and drawing new entry-level racers of all ages into the club. That is, and always will be, where our growth potential will be given the facility we have to work with. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Don't waste your time trying to sell a Porsche driver a Chevy. Keep your Chevy drivers in their Chevys and get those new Chevy drivers in your showroom.

DT
AtlantaKarting.com

Score: 422

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What is the reason we only have 4-6 Yamaha racers each time?

I am just a curious bystander, I have not the reason for so few entries. That question is best asked of the club leadership.
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47555

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Darrin.

RWS..the biggest problem with kart racing is and always has been under the motorsports radar. This has been tries when I started racing in 1958 and numbers have actually decreased over time. We have reports from old karting magizines, 1967of 250 karts and 5000 spectators.

We just need promo, which I will do for 2014..c
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33789

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By no means am I suggesting or recommending we add Vega tires to Yamaha because I'm not but here is the comparison.
http://kart360.com/features/kart360-tire-test-vega-fh

We did allow the AMP Vega tires for TAG to hopefully get some to race on a more frequent basis, however this did not amount to anything except for the night race.
edward 54

Score: 2238

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: new wka yamaha hpv class rules Reply with quote

I for one say lets try to promote more people to come and race with gska, that's what we are going to need in order for our (listen everybody) OUR club to grow. I for one am also thinking about moving up to WKA Heavy or Yamaha Senior. I enjoyed TaG this year, but I have/had no one to run with except for the night race. As for the tire situation, I don't think we should change what we have already since it has been successful so far. This is just my opinion.

-Edward54 Razor/Arrow Smile
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29335

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel White wrote:
I cannot speak for all the GSKA racers, but the primary reason I don't race at AMP is that I would have to spend $250+ for one race--$175-ish for the tires and $82 for the race fee + pit pass. If we both had the same tire racers could race at both tracks.

$70 + $12 (pit pass). You don't have to buy tires for each race. We showed up with Mojo and found used Vega for free (thanks Josef). I can pay it forward. Who wants free Vega Greens? Theye were still faster than new set of Vega Blue.

One time, few months ago, all yamaha drivers kind of agreed to show-up at AMP but only Dev Gore was there and he did not have anybody else to race with. Since there are no yamaha senior/junior drivers at AMP (one guy showed up few times), I am sure you can be allowed to use any tires.

I agree with Darrin, regardless of what concerns there are with AMP track, it is much better for TaG and Shifter (which is practically not there in AMP too)
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29335

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:
We just need promo, which I will do for 2014..c

You say we will see you here much more often?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: