| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Different track configurations..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46205

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Different track configurations.. Reply with quote

This seems to be a popular idea, to change up the Barnesville "racing experience"

We could add track configurations cheaply if we would kill the grass, patch and seal the small S turn cut through from the back stretch to the oval.

When exiting this cut through, track configuration options would be turning LEFT or RIGHT, giving us TWO more track configurations to choose from to mix things up.

We could do an unofficial play/practice day to try it out this year, or consider it for the 2014 season. We could do the improvement of this strip ourselves,with voluntary work, or get an estimate from a paving contractor

Think about it!

BTW, I am working only one day now, and spending a lot of time in OH with my soon to be 92 year old dad. I have TOO much time on on my hands! c
Daniel White

Score: 5990

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly certain what part of the track you are referring to, Dr. Chip. Is it the exit of turn 4/5, which is pavement overgrown with grass / weeds?

If so, IMO this would be a prime pace to get a (relatively) inexpensive upgrade to our track. I'm sure it would still cost a lot of dough, but perhaps we can find a way to finance it. I would think we would need a construction company to smooth the transition into the oval. Since the oval is banked, there is quite a drop off at that point.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel White wrote:
I'm not exactly certain what part of the track you are referring to, Dr. Chip. Is it the exit of turn 4/5, which is pavement overgrown with grass / weeds?

If so, IMO this would be a prime pace to get a (relatively) inexpensive upgrade to our track. I'm sure it would still cost a lot of dough, but perhaps we can find a way to finance it. I would think we would need a construction company to smooth the transition into the oval. Since the oval is banked, there is quite a drop off at that point.

Yep, that's the spot. You can pull,up a picture looking down at the track and imagine how it would work.

Yep, devil is in the details, but I ain't scared..

And Dr. Lee has a bulldozer

And Mike Sibley is a paving contractor boss..... Shocked c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it would give us FOUR different new configurations,

TWO if we run it counter clockwise like we do now, and TWO if we run the track the other way, that is, reverse direction..

I will,check it out this mast when I a at the track for the Vintage tv filming.

I will pay particular attention to the transition onto the oval and straight away

BYW-I ran the Rockingham NC track road course for a high speed driving class years ago. They have an infield road race course with a transition to the oval at turn 4 and a transition back to the infield road race course after turn one.

These transitions go to/from a steeply banked oval to a flat infield road course. It was challenging but workable. Maybe the same of our Barnesville track reconfig.
Daniel White

Score: 5990

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrChip wrote:

BYW-I ran the Rockingham NC track road course for a high speed driving class years ago. They have an infield road race course with a transition to the oval at turn 4 and a transition back to the infield road race course after turn one.

These transitions go to/from a steeply banked oval to a flat infield road course. It was challenging but workable. Maybe the same of our Barnesville track reconfig.

I'm primarily concerned about scraping the frame rails. Those stockers have a bit more ground clearance than a kart!
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel-I get it. Will check it out this Sat..c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel and others-several of us checkedmitmout this,past,Sat and the transition seems ok. Please check it out this Sat and let me know,what you think.

The advantage is that it is in reasonably good,condition and a small,surface to rehab. The grass growing in it makes it worst than it is. vinegar is a natural,week/grass killer that will not harm the environment. Then we could,fill,the cracks,and seal it ourselves.

We could give it a try after the races, or at a designated practice event..c

Lemme know your opinions..c
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29001

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr.Chip. Is your spacebar small? you always push "," or "m" instead.
We have Preview button to proofread before posting.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
Dr.Chip. Is your spacebar small? you always push "," or "m" instead.
We have Preview button to proofread before posting.

iPad, big fingers, and failing vision...c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: