| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #3 Registration
2014-04-19 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
New Board Members needed for the GSKA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff bacon

Score: 15015

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: New Board Members needed for the GSKA Reply with quote

Since it's inception, the GSKA has been basically run by the same few people, year after year. It is time to get new blood back into the club. I know I am not running for President again, and I am pretty sure Bob and Darrin are not either. If we don't get some new people involved, this club will fade away like so many others. I am starting a nominations page in the Announcement section, so either nominate yourself or someone you think will do a good job.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
DrChip
Club President

Score: 42259

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this. We have had some key people lead us from near extinction to the growth club we are today.

But we have burned out most of these founders, including Jeff, Darrin and Bob. 2014 will be a critical that could mark continued growth, or a slide backwards, depending on new leadership stepping up to take on the challenge.

"What have you done for karting....today". c
kilo119

Score: 277

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it may sound dumb but what are the roles and responsibilities of the board members. Im just trying to get a better understanding of the club and karting in general.
DrChip
Club President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilo119 wrote:
I know it may sound dumb but what are the roles and responsibilities of the board members. Im just trying to get a better understanding of the club and karting in general.

Excellent question. I'll let Jeff and the others answer for themselves. The president has the most responsibilities, including directing others to what has to be done.

In my position, I am part of the discussion and decision making process on items that come up, such as race schedules, fees, special,events, personnel, safety, track maintain, general operations, what to spend club money on.

I am only called on for a specific opinion for the class that I am in charge of.

Board members in general, should help,get the race day set up, including fire extinguishers, flags, computer, registration,timing, transponders,,etc. If there is a question come up during the race day, the Board is to meet to address the issue and decide as a group how to resolve the issue.

Finally,,at the end of the race day, same thing in reverse, including getting all the garbage cans emptied
kilo119

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Dr.Cheap it does explain enough for me to get the basics of how it works. Its pretty similar to what I do in the Army to train my soldiers. Well I hope to meet everyone soon and get to learn more about the sport. Still working in getting all my gear so I can start racing.
DrChip
Club President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killo119-Come to the track and get racin'. I have plenty of extra gear including race suits, helmets, gloves, and neck braces. I even have a loaner clone kart you can borrow and get some laps in, or even race.

There is nothing magical or secret about what the board does. The only time we need to be confident is with personel issues, or a race behavior incident/protest. then we need to email in private until a decision is made. Then the decision can be made public.

The behind-the-scenes kart racing is like being in a big extended family. Lots of love, conflict, opinions, hurt feelings, money woes, "home" (track) maintain. issues, etc. It takes a lot of time and effort to get it right.

But like a big extended family, when things go right, it is all worth it.

Come join the fun!

"what have you done for kart racing...lately" c
kilo119

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man that would be great I just gotta see how the finances are. We just got a new van for the family so money has been a little tight. Id love to make it on the sep 14th. I havent done much to the kart just made sure I put fresh fluid in the clutch and thats about it. It has a older model exhaust pipe on it when I spoke to John but soon I hope to have it to spec and be able to race it. Since I got rid of my SUV I have to get another trailer hitch for the van so I can trailer the kart if it wasnt for that I would have brought it down in sept if we can make it so you guys can check it out and teach me the beginners basics of karting lol. Aside from that I love the kart looks awesome and I dont see anything wrong with it.
I do know that it used to be Dicky Wilsons kart at one point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: