| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
AMP TaG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Fry

Score: 876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Brad Zoeller on EKN:

Opening weekend for members at the new Atlanta Motorsports Park kart track went very well. The 43 feet of elevation change makes for exciting driving. New photos of the kart track at: www.TSRacingAtlanta.com
bspek

Score: 5042

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to see the track on a Rotax Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kbdXSNUdhg

The GoPro points up higher after 1st lap for better viewing. Nice off track excursion at 2:50... This was a 1/2 or 2/3 track config I am guessing. Some times were 30.6 for Rotax sr on YLB but with no added weight yet, 31.3 for Rotax Jr with Mojo's, and and Brandon's X30 in the 29's - he's fast! Should be even more fun with some rubber down. Great track.

Xracing36 wrote:
Some of my indoor buddies were there yesterday, also. It looks like a nice track, and not as bad in blind spots as what I figured it would have been. However, it frustrates me that they are almost oblivious to the fact that GA is a clone farm, and are running only two cycle.
DaveStruve

Score: 44

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bspek wrote:
Here's a link to see the track on a Rotax Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kbdXSNUdhg

The GoPro points up higher after 1st lap for better viewing. Nice off track excursion at 2:50... This was a 1/2 or 2/3 track config I am guessing. Some times were 30.6 for Rotax sr on YLB but with no added weight yet, 31.3 for Rotax Jr with Mojo's, and and Brandon's X30 in the 29's - he's fast! Should be even more fun with some rubber down. Great track.

http://youtu.be/Y0YOkJLKysg Kart catches a bit of air at :30

Here's the footage from my DD2, this was the first time really driving this kart so it made for an interesting experience on a new track. I had a great time as well meeting you guys, the track is amazing and will be a blast to drive fast once i can wrap my head around everything.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian or anyone elso go to AMP for the TAG race on Saturday? If so, how was the turnout and racing?
redefined

Score: 1148

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wehrheim wrote:
Brian or anyone elso go to AMP for the TAG race on Saturday? If so, how was the turnout and racing?

Yup I was there. We had 12 in TAG, pretty nice turnout. Brian was there but left early,we would have had 13 with him.
bspek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well unfortunately we were told on Friday they would combine jr and sr classes if not enough juniors showed up. I think 2 were there. Cameron was doing 54.1 in P1 but they didn't let jr race with senior, so we left and did not stay. Sr's were lapping 53.9 thru 59 sec. Its not worth the $ to lap by yourself there, so we'll wait until more juniors show up or until they decide to combine classes. race director was not interested in combining, but glad to give us our money back and have us leave. just wish we knew beforehand to save us the trip.

John Wehrheim wrote:
redefined

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian is Cameron old enough to just run in Sr? Would love to have another in with us. We had a handful of guys in the 53's and I think fast lap in both races and qualy was 53.6.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29238

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was there from 1p to 3:30p to watch (just 40 minutes from my home).
AMP is gaining entries from new to karting people. They know about track problems as even new karters complain about chassis scraping asphalt in few places. Downhill and slow right uphill turn is where you can lose 2 seconds a lap if not taken properly or side by side racing. Few places looks scary in case of going off the track. But overall it was nice racing in TAG.
I don't know if it was experience of drivers but rotax looked much more competitive. Out of 12 karts, 1 was Leopard (Brandon Winfield), 3 or 4 IAME X30 and they were struggling to climb the hill (could be because of inexperienced drivers), the rest were rotax, mostly used karts and chassis of people raced in Barnesville or SEKA.
2 Yamaha Sportsman, 1 Yamaha senior, 1 Cadet, 1 Tag Jr, 3 shifters. I think shifters will gain in popularity as they look very interesting choice for car people who watched races.
Few people I talked to complained about Vega tires. Hoosier would be #1 choice for TAG drivers.
bspek

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he is 15 but his engine is a rotax junior. Only provides 21-22 HP I think. Just rebuilt and don't feel like spending another bunch of $ on a Sr cylinder just to run there this yr. They agreed with me that he should race at cmp or mmx where more juniors are. I'll go back to amp if I am by myself on a race weekend if my kids are busy. But we are already members and Cam can do lapping days without paying race fees.

redefined wrote:
Brian is Cameron old enough to just run in Sr? Would love to have another in with us. We had a handful of guys in the 53's and I think fast lap in both races and qualy was 53.6.
redefined

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bspek wrote:
Yes he is 15 but his engine is a rotax junior. Only provides 21-22 HP I think. Just rebuilt and don't feel like spending another bunch of $ on a Sr cylinder just to run there this yr. They agreed with me that he should race at cmp or mmx where more juniors are. I'll go back to amp if I am by myself on a race weekend if my kids are busy. But we are already members and Cam can do lapping days without paying race fees.

Ya I wouldn't want to spend the extra either, was just curious.

I need to get down/up/over to another track soon! .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: