| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #12 Registration
2014-09-20 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Rotax Max and/or TaG turnout for 2013?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29177

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spec tire is good, but that spec tires should be one brand in many tracks

YLB in Barnesville is not the best choice, IMHO. It is too soft and will need replacement more often than harder compounds.
Tracks have different quality asphalt and what is good (performance and longevity) in MMX, will not be good in other places.
If AMP's VEGA is a hard or harder compound, it will be a good choice for Barnesville.

Speaking of tires, since we moved to spec Mojo D1, I have 1 set of Mojo D2 (with 2 free spare Mojo D2 rears) for $50.
jeff bacon

Score: 15230

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not a complete open tire rule, but allow the tires and compounds that the other tracks use? Make the driver declare his tire of choice so we don't start a tire war? What do you think?
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
redefined

Score: 1148

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new so take this with a grain of salt but I'd like to be able to run tires that other local/semi-local races require. That way I don't have to have 5 different brands for 5 different tracks!
jeff bacon

Score: 15230

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if we allow open tires, then you will still need four sets of tires for all the tracks, since they have spec tire rules. We are the only ones to use the standard WKA tire, all the other tracks are the outlaws.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29177

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:
But if we allow open tires, then you will still need four sets of tires for all the tracks, since they have spec tire rules. We are the only ones to use the standard WKA tire, all the other tracks are the outlaws.

And they are selling them. If GSKA will allow some other brands, we effectively helping them.
I like spec Mojo tires for Rotax classes. MMX use them too, CMP is supporting Rotax. AMP is anti-Rotax. Funny, they had more rotax karts than X30 for their first race (judging from pictures only).
bspek

Score: 5038

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to get more out here to gska. I doubt any driver is buying tires for all the tracks, but if we could get some karts to come over to GSKA without buying new tires maybe that could help.

jeff bacon wrote:
edward 54

Score: 2221

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Rotax Max / Tag for 2013 Reply with quote

As far as the turnout, I hope we have more drivers plan on attending this year. With the tire situation, I think TAG should have an open-tire rule or if wee have one or more drivers and if they are on different tires, then we should see which one has the better wear pattern and durability and go with that tire.
Be it mojo, bridgestones, hoosiers, burris, maxxis, or vegas, what we need is a good medium compound, dependable tire that will last at least 2-4 races per set.

-edward54 razor/arrow
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33691

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,
As the Sr. 2 Cycle Director, I am open to changing the tire rule if it will bring more TAG racers to the races. For now, just come and race with whatever you have in tires. Just keep in mind that if you have non legal tires you will not be rewarded with points and trophy will be given to the ones running legal tires.
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28398

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, according to the 2013 TaG USA rules Mojo D2 are legal for TaG Jr running a Rotax Engine?

DT
edward 54

Score: 2221

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Rotax Max / Tag for 2013 Reply with quote

so in other words if all the tag drivers came on different set of tires and know one was on spec tires per GSKA rules and one of us wins a race then the winner will not recieve a trophy or points. HHmm come on tag guys we got this started so lets have some input before the next race. Ok Ok lets hear some noise.

edward 54 razor/arrow Friends
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: