| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Race Day #1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edward 54

Score: 2236

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Race Day #1 Reply with quote

Even though it turned out to be very cold day, we still had a fairly decent turnout. Thanks to everybody who came and braved the cold. And we even settled the clone sportsman ruling. Hope to see everyone March 2nd and just maybe the weather will cooperate! See you soon!

-edward 54

Dr. Chip's Famous Quote: "Best Bang for the Buck!" Very Happy [/i]
Kerry Wilson

Score: 6479

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wish to thank all the 4 cycle guys who came out to race today and braved the cold day. Also thanks to you all for how well our meeting went today and as Edward said, we have the class pretty well settled now. Smile
Invader #9
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5759

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry,
The meeting this morning was very well done, and to have a decision made with changes taking effect immediately was huge.

Thanks for taking the effort to do that. We all appreciate the work that you as our representative and the rest of the board made today. Hang in there; the worst of its over!

Chuck
jeff bacon

Score: 15254

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who came out to race #1. I know it was cold and windy, but we still had a pretty good race day.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was cold but definitely better than sitting at home. It was great to see several new Yamaha Jr. Yamaha Sr and Tag drivers.
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47437

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was not a pretty good day-it was a GREAT DAY!

I drove home cold, hungry, and PROUD to be a karter!

Lots of new racers including kids AND adults, including our just turned 5 year old! (have pics).

LOTs of car/motorcycle racers comming to karts, as the realize it IS the best bang for the buck in motorsports.

Good, clean, safe racing, with even a track record set on a cold track that found most of us slower than usual: Congrats John W!

Yes,,we had a few glitches, but it was our first race of the season with some new karters, track workers and others. We got the clone classes figured out with 100% approval of the revised class rules. Thanks racers, Kerry, Bob B and Steve Roberts! And our returning President Jeff Bacon was the strong silent type keeping things under control behind the scenes with the return help of his wife Jenny.

All considering, I thought it was a great first race of the 2013 season, with improvements to come to take us to even higher levels.

And PLEASE continue to give us your feedback on your opinions, either here on line or through PMs.

And do not forget our vintage races March 14, 15 and 16, 2013. It is the GSKA's biggest money maker which makes it possible to run the rest of the season in the black. We need helpers, and watchers. Come see old guys go crazy fast on hard skinny tires on 50 year old karts. And I will be holding the GSKA banner high in vintage karting with my twin engines 1961 kart! c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: