| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Ok racers-we want to hear from you! It is YOUR CLUB!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47404

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Ok racers-we want to hear from you! It is YOUR CLUB! Reply with quote

Please post what you would want.

You have the right to remain silent...

..but it will do you no good

SPEAK UP,

If you do not want to post here, PM me and I will pass your thoughts on?

Remember: IT IS YOU CLUB! dr cheap
edward 54

Score: 2236

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Rules and sportsman class Reply with quote

Good afternoon everybody hope to see every one this weekend I have a few words that i'am going to say. I ran sportsman class last year which was my first year I did pretty good I say so myself. Now we have what your say is a pro clone and sportsman class.what happen to medium,I didn't think was going to change the class around like they did I mean as for as weights.if we run the two classes together why not score them separated.i mean the 360 & 400 class and still have a pro clone class. I think if it stays the way it is it's going to be hard for slower guys to run with the faster guys. And if a new guy gets out there and run with the fast guys that a hard way to learn how to race safety. I think we should have left the class the way it was and tweet it a little so we all can race and be supported for the club. We all want to race. Jest my opinion. Edward 54 Very Happy
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29228

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not racing clone, so you can ignore my comment.
From last year, Medium was averaging 1.1 entries.
This year, Pro class is the same as last year Clone heavy, but adopting WKA rules.
This year, Sportsman class is the same as last year, but split in two weight and you have option not to buy WKA stuff.

So it is clearly choice of driver: if I want to compete by WKA rules, I can race in Pro class, if not - Sportsman light or heavy.

Whats the deal?
edward 54

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: sportman class/light or heavy Reply with quote

all iam saying is we run together but score different iam sure a lot of guys dont mind running with the faster guys but what the new guys jest getting started safety first right.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to keep the slower karts out of the way of the faster karts. Not safe and not fair to both. Used to get lapped quick. Different heats for different speeds..c
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
I am not racing clone, so you can ignore my comment.
From last year, Medium was averaging 1.1 entries.
This year, Pro class is the same as last year Clone heavy, but adopting WKA rules.
This year, Sportsman class is the same as last year, but split in two weight and you have option not to buy WKA stuff.

So it is clearly choice of driver: if I want to compete by WKA rules, I can race in Pro class, if not - Sportsman light or heavy.

Whats the deal?

Bingo! IMHO. dc

Last edited by DrChip on Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
edward 54

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: sportman class/light or heavy Reply with quote

X 2 i second that. Rain
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28544

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see anything wrong with the Sportsman rules the way they are written right now, except that the provision for the board to have discretion on moving someone out is gone. IMHO, the 400# option makes a lot of sense for heavier SPORTSMAN drivers (The Barnes brothers come to mind) that have no chance in making anything close to 360#.

The real issue is drivers who aren't sportsman drivers wanting to race in the sportsman class. IMHO, if you consistently ran in the top 3 of sportsman last year, you don't need to be in sportsman this year. I think 95% of racers are going to do the right thing and move when it's time, the board discretion rule is just there for the 5% that need a little shove.

As far as finding an equivalency between the 360 and 400 class, that could be done in morning practice very easily by any number of drivers. (Bob B. is the 1st one that comes to my mind). The 400# weight may end up needing to be 410# or 390#, but it sure wouldn't take long to figure it out with the right driver.

Also, I think Clone Sr Pro should probably be re-named to WKA Senior Clone, because that's exactly what it is.

DT
Austin18

Score: 4187

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then keep the sportsman class with the rules set forth ,medium class ,and heavy class and see what the turnout is. Medium and heavy run the big pipe and the clutch option. Is that fair enough? Dangit man, Robbie and Jason can relate to this thread.
DrChip
2014 President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think GSKA changing the name to Pro confused racers. If we are following WKA rules, let's use their class names too: all weight classes are called Senior Clone.

Sportsman was still averaging 1 second a lap slower than the Senior Clone class last year.

We need a heavy class. Most tracks have it. We have had a lot of loyal heavy racers who have dropped out because they were never competitive, no matter how hard they tried. Joe Godwin is one I remember. Came from car racing, bought a kart from me, ran with us regularly for several years, got discouraged and quit racing with us.

Having the Senior Clone medium class may be important, IF we have enough racers. Last year we only had 1-2.

Let's go racin'....c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: