| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
New Heavy Classes
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46405

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:
We only had 2 races last year with more than 1 Clone Medium so it was voted to drop the class. That being said, if we can get at least 3 guys to commit to that class then it could be reinstated.

I already have Mike Sibley and Chuck's son, plus the guy from last year? = 3

I don't want to discourage these people if they think there is no class for them. C
Austin18

Score: 4181

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be running medium this year,......Doug
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46405

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:
We only had 2 races last year with more than 1 Clone Medium so it was voted to drop the class. That being said, if we can get at least 3 guys to commit to that class then it could be reinstated.

Ok, guys, Dr. Cheap is stepping up to sponsor the Clone medium class for 2013!

Mike Sibley and Chuck's son, plus Jason Fitzpatrick, the winner of last years Clone medium class makes 3, and Tyler Austin, who ran several races in this class, make 4!

Who else intends to run Clone Medium? Let's hear from you before my wife finds out I am spending my Social Security money on kart racing sponsorship!
Chuck Newman
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 5459

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it very possible that the changes to Clone Sr. Sportsman may have the opposite effect than the one planned.

I was moving out anyway, but there's no way I would run the class with it having two different configurations. Now I would have to go test both configurations to determine the best one, and would always be wondering if I made the right choice each week. More money.....

I weigh right at 200 and was just a few pounds over the 360 weight. I could have gotten a couple of pounds off the kart if I really tried.
Do we have anyone at 235 or 240 that wants to run in that class?

Maybe a better tweak might be to leave the pipe alone and just raise the minimum weight to 375? 380?

I'm of the opinion that the best way to attract new drivers isn't with more classes. I'm excited about the prospect of a track repave, especially if it included some other layout possibilities.

We are in the unenviable position of having to compete with a lot of newer, more modern tracks (AMP, CMP, MMX). I love Barnesville, but my old, tired, and achy body would rather drive at ANY of those other tracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: