| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Paving the track and race entry fee increase, IMPORTANT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you pay 10 to 15 dollars more in entry fees for a newly paved track?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
No (please leave comment)
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Voted :
Total Votes : 26
This poll does not expire

dacarter_16

Score: 761

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Chip said it best, he does nothing and is letting it deteriorate...... if it was not for gska!!! Just my opinion!
jeff bacon

Score: 15140

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

I am not sure what you are trying to say, but if Mr. Kim puts in $50K+ to repave the track, I think he would have the right to ask for more rent.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
rubentarca

Score: 2614

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Paving the track and race entry fee increase, IMPORTANT! Reply with quote

Repave it, that's the way to go
mike sibley

Score: 605

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that repaving the track would be the best for everyone. Just the ware and tare on the karts would be enough to want a repave. If the charge was $10 per event that would only be $140 per year over what we pay now, that is just about what a set of tires would be. I would hope that in doing the track that you would concider putting in a little more wide spots at least if not different configerations. A little more now would be money in the bank later on and I think that we would have a track that we all could be proud of and love to run on. Just my 2 cents worth for what it is worth.
Mike
2012 sportsman champ...he he
edward 54

Score: 2102

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Track Paving & Entry Fee Reply with quote

Well, if this is going to happen, keep in mind that if we paved the track we will have a nice racing surface the next 5 to 10 years. If we dont, it will continue to deteriorate to a point where we will be unable to race on it anymore. And to think of no track and no racing, that means no Barnesville. It's the only close asphalt sprint track in Georgia that we have access to and we dont have to pay a lot of money to operate. So I'm all for repaving and paying the extra $10-15.

P.S.- still trying to recruit new members

-edward54 & courtland24

Dr. Chips's Famous Words: Best Bang for the Buck!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46405

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeff bacon wrote:
Let's get the owners to agree to pave, then we can discuss modifications.

I agree, and getting them to agree to repaving is going to be a giant accomplishment. c
Dev Gore

Score: 411

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see anything wrong with repaving the track. I think it would actually be better for every one and I think it would draw a bigger crowd, especially more 2 strokes because it will be easier on the karts. I know for a fact that alot of people don't come for 3 reasons, the condition of the track and the size aswell as how many people show up to the races. The yamaha class has grown a little bit just in the year I have been here and some people think that it is overcrowded.

How much more would it cost if we left some of the better condition portion of the tracks alone and made it bigger with possabilities of different configurations? (If thats possible)

Plus if people saw that the track is getting redone or improved then they might come and try it out.... so if this does go through then there sould be some advertising to back it up. I know some people that want to come and race at bville when they have no other races going on but they need/want two things, more racers and a better track.
tpb491

Score: 19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: track repave Reply with quote

I vote yes, small price to pay, for a good place to race. Tom Beahan
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46405

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: track repave Reply with quote

tpb491 wrote:
I vote yes, small price to pay, for a good place to race. Tom Beahan

One of the few decicated paved road race sprint,kart tracks in the South with a richnhistoryngoing back to,1959! c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: