| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #3 Registration
2014-04-19 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Paving the track and race entry fee increase, IMPORTANT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you pay 10 to 15 dollars more in entry fees for a newly paved track?
Yes
84%
 84%  [ 22 ]
No (please leave comment)
15%
 15%  [ 4 ]
Voted :
Total Votes : 26
This poll does not expire

DrChip
Club President

Score: 42003

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: track paving Reply with quote

edward 54 wrote:
if the club approved the track to be repaved will it get done before the start of this season or will it be for next season. Smile

Edward-that is an excellent question

Could repaving be done by the Vintage event? Would be a good draw.

Also, would we be able to add some alternative reconfigurations to the original track layout, just to change things up?

Just askin....c
Clint

Score: 1002

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you will draw more racers if we increase the price. We may even loose some.
jeff bacon

Score: 15013

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that if the track doesn't get paved soon, it may become unusable, then we have no racers at all!
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
edward 54

Score: 1915

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: paving the track Reply with quote

Those are both very good points
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Badbandit12

Score: 2441

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say the prices to race at this track are not very expensive. So a 10 per race increase would not detour racers, racing is not a cheap sport. I would have to vote yes for a small increase.
jeff bacon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big variable is if new paving will bring out more racers. 15 more racers on average per race will make a major price increase unnecessary. But we must be conservative and factor any rent increase on the current average of racers.
www.gakartsales.com
MDKEATS

Score: 418

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most would be willing to pay a little more for a newly paved track, but if you are going to the expense, and will have the equipment out there, I think some additional track/configurations would be a good investment. My idea years ago was to lengthen the front straight and create a complex at that end of the track that could be added/deleted to change configuration. My guess is that the expense would not be much additional, and we could add at least one more good passing zone to make this a more modern track. Either way, I would pay a little more for a nice smooth track. Thanks for the effort.
jeff bacon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's get the owners to agree to pave, then we can discuss modifications.
www.gakartsales.com
dacarter_16

Score: 686

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: DAS Reply with quote

Why should we be responsible to pay the owner of a track that we rent from to repave it. Without our club there, he would have nothing. Besides its like if u rent a house the owner is responsible for the repairs and up keep. I think the club has done more than enough at the track today to get us where we are and we cant forget about Clint & Corey of All Pipe Line TV, Green Castle Dental and Darren Tebbie for all they do for GSKA that is free of charge to make his track nicer. I think it is time for MR. KIM to give back to us...The racers that support the club and the facility!!
DrChip
Club President

Score: 42003

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: DAS Reply with quote

dacarter_16 wrote:
Why should we be responsible to pay the owner of a track that we rent from to repave it. Without our club there, he would have nothing. Besides its like if u rent a house the owner is responsible for the repairs and up keep. I think the club has done more than enough at the track today to get us where we are and we cant forget about Clint & Corey of All Pipe Line TV, Green Castle Dental and Darren Tebbie for all they do for GSKA that is free of charge to make his track nicer. I think it is time for MR. KIM to give back to us...The racers that support the club and the facility!!

The problem is that the present owner, Mr Kim, could leave the property as is, spend nothing, let it deteriorate, and hold on to it until it appreciates and he makes his money by doing nothing. It is a big piece of property that has a rare commercial zoning status. Just my humble opinion..c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: