| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #11 Registration
2014-09-06 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Challenge for GSKA members
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel White

Score: 6196

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be practicing revisionist history here, but it seems that for the last two seasons the racing has ended around 4-ish. In 2008-2009, the race day was at least an hour longer, sometimes two. Of course, there is always "room for improvement."

I might be in favor of eliminating a practice session in order to add another heat race. More race-day practice usually just leads to more opportunities for me to screw something up.

Perhaps the most efficient way to recruit new members is for someone to run a rental business at the track, or . . . the club runs a rental business. Heck, it might even be a significant income stream for the club.

Daniel: OK, I'm done. Hit "send."

Daniel alter-ego: You're an idiot. Erase that crap.

Daniel: Which part?

Daniel alter-ego: The last part. Don't you think someone has thought of that already?

Daniel: Frankly, I did.

Daniel alter-ego: Then erase it.

Daniel: OK, I'm erasing it right n- <click>
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33578

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I like the 3 practice sessions. It gives me that extra chance of tuning myself out! Laughing

But really, I do like the 3 practice sessions and like the long days, provided we can finish by 5:00.
bluestang50

Score: 548

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to pull the scratch together to buy Brian's KT-100 and a trailer so I can be a member for next season.
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46920

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY challenge is for people other than board members to step forward and get some projects rolling, what ever and where ever.

A good place to start is to get an event for AMP. We could include both modern and vintage karts. Set a date that does not conflict with Barnesville, and start collecting registration money to be held by AMP until engoug is collected to hve the event, or the money is refunded if the income goal is not met at some time prior to the evnt.

I figure 50 karts at $100 each would be a start.

Bspec, your are an AMP member, so why don't you try to get this started...c
rubentarca

Score: 2650

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

C, to whom I send my 100 bucks?
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 46920

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

rubentarca wrote:
C, to whom I send my 100 bucks?

In the past, I have talked to Jeremy porter, CEO and shifter racer at AMP. About staging an event there. First race track rental would be $2500, plus $500 for an ambulance, $1000 for corner workers, plus insurance provided by them or us. We would be responsible for promotion, registration, timing/scoring and awards.

We would have to pick a date and start promoting and collecting registration money. NOTE : there may not be a weekend date available for some time now.

A lot of time and effort would be needed to organize just this one away race. So we need people to step forward and get things started.

THEN we can think about collecting money for registration. c
rubentarca

Score: 2650

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

I know that, was just to show that some of us are ready to do it
jeff standridge

Score: 2457

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

Bring back the Yamaha Pipe class,or a open 100cc class. I know there is a lot of guys out there with a shop full of 100cc stuff that would love to have some place to run them set it up for say 385lbs and let them run.
Jeff Standridge #61 125cc Shifter
2007 GSKA 125cc Shifter Points Champion
2008 GSKA 125cc Shifter Points Champion
Austin18

Score: 4181

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a points race at either mmx,cmp,or twin fountains,just have to get a census of a date. I'm sure some of the jax. racers and tf racers would join us. As well as the cmp guys if it was held at mmx.
jeff bacon

Score: 15196

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

The WKA is instituting a TaG style pipe to replace the Yamaha can exhaust for next year. It will give a modest HP increase without stressing the engine too much, and it sound much better.

The GSKA is also instituting a Yamaha Heavy class at 400 pounds, with a maximum kart weight of 200 pounds. The max kart weight will keep light drivers from spoiling the fun of us fatties.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: