| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Challenge for GSKA members
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeff bacon

Score: 15230

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

I have a challenge for all GSKA members. I challenge everyone to find new members for the club. These must be new racers to GSKA, they cannot be recycled people from our past. They must be racers AND pay to join the club. The prize for this challenge will be awards and gifts at our year end banquet. Board members cannot win this prize, but I expect them to try to get new people as well. I already have two newbies myself! If anyone needs brochures on the club, contact me and I will get some sent to you. My goal is to DOUBLE the kart count by the end of the year. Here are some ideas:

*Find local car show and events to display your kart.
*See if the junior drivers can display their karts at school.
*Place flyers at local businesses, i.e. auto parts stores.
*Bring karts and show them at other forms of racing: motocross, circle track etc.

Now let's get out there and get some new people!
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47297

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we even go after karters who have raced at Barnesville in the past. They may be easier to bring back to the fold, once we find out why they left. Then address thoase reasons for leaving....c
jeff bacon

Score: 15230

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course we go after past racers, but this contest I am proposing is for new members only.
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
bspek

Score: 5039

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple ideas for the board to consider:

For existing/past racers:

1. Shorten the race day. Keep karts on the track all the time throughout the day except 30 min for lunch so we can finish at a decent time. Also if we register in advance, can we have a separate table to go to to make this process much faster for everyone and start on track earlier.

2. Take GSKA to other tracks like Middle Track, MMX, CMP, Twin Fountains if Matt Skaggs does it again...and AMP, maybe others if I have left them off.... I'd like an excuse to go to other tracks. Or simply pick a date at another track when they are having their event, we join the event, and then rank our GSKA drivers after the end of the day relative to each other to assign points, omitting the drivers that are not in GSKA. Sure.. it may not make as much $ (or $0) for the club at the away race(s) but could help grow the club.

3. Run 2-3 reverse races.

4. 2 practice sessions (vs 3) and 2 heat races before the final.

To get new racers out:
Bring a friend day where they qualify for you. If you don't bring a friend, you pick a number or so some other random thing to get your grid#.

One other idea...perhaps if we run a race every 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks, we could get more racers out at the same time, making it better for everyone on the track, and could have more drivers in the chase for their championship.

look forward to next year.

jeff bacon wrote:
Of course we go after past racers, but this contest I am proposing is for new members only.
rubentarca

Score: 2671

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

Brian,
Your ideas could work with the big exception of #2, what we need is people coming to race at GSKA and not finding another way no to come, Lucas and I will like to go to another tracks if we have the time and does not interfere with GSKA schedule but not the other way around, we should bring then to run we us.
We need you and Cameron every race here, and having the good races we have together is what will attract new people.
Badbandit12

Score: 2441

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if the whole crew is going to the other track as a Gska race then that would still do the same thing just add a change of pace , the local track is awesome but a little change in vinue is good. I think anyways .
rubentarca

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

badbandit,
I agreed 100%, that will be fun to go as GSKA club to run as special race!!, but still it will not bring new drivers to race with us in a regular bases
(if we do not run both championships combined)
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47297

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our goals are two fold-keep GSKA financially viable AND keep racers interested and turning out in greater numbers.

Away races increases interest and participation, but DECREASES income to the GSKA. An example is the race we held in Augusta Asa part of the air show. We had a goods turn out but lost money.

Putting on a race at AMP would be 6 times more expensive than the races we hold at Barnesville.

Our job as racer-members is to make sure GSKA breaks even each year while not making it too boring for racers.

Some ideas include a street race in the City of Barnesville (lots of liability issues there), an oval track race at our track, reactivating the cut through on the back stretch to reconfigure the track for a race or two, more enduros, a reverse clock wise race or two, more night races, money races and/or a combo of the above.

This is OUR club and we need suggestions from member racers on what you want while keeping our two goals I mind. c
bspek

Score: 5039

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to come up with ideas for the board to consider. I really think GSKA could be a karting series first...independent of the track(s) we race on. If we are only going to race at Barnesville that is ok...and maybe we can rename the club to The Barnesville karting association. This is a good bunch of people and we can grow this.. I am sure others will have additional ideas.
rubentarca

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Challenge for GSKA members Reply with quote

C,
you got the idea, that's our goal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: