| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #3 Registration
2014-04-19 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Notes to new Race Director
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
Club President

Score: 42231

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just concerned about the aggressive, un sportsman-like racing in one of the kid's class. I have no tolerance for this kind of driving. Not the message we want to send to other parents considering allowing their children to race, other parents, outsiders, and other jr racers. Aggressive driving sets a wrong exams. C
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 32648

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated earlier, I would highly recommend that Tony (our Race Director) widen the cones or eliminate the cones for the 2 cycle guys. With the 2 cycle guys running 55in rear width, they need the extra room. I felt the cones are too close together for the 2 cycle.

At a min, they should be 12 feet apart. How did I calculate this?

Outside curb --12in --Kart wheel base 55in--12in--Kart wheelbase 55in -- 12in-- Cone

I would like to add, that I think Tony is doing a great job. I have finally seen black flags being pointed and thrown and the blue flag for lapped drivers. Keep up the great work Tony. We do appreciate it!!
Tony Smith

Score: 320

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
All of those issues were dealt with at the second race when I met with all of the 2 cycle drivers for input. Everything we discussed at that meeting has been applied at the track. As for the picture you posted the link to. That picture was taken 25' from the cones in turn 1 and has nothing to do with the cones. what that picture shows is drivers who are trying to win the race in turn 1 and will not give each other room to race through the corner. Until drivers learn this lesson about racing, we could widen the track by 10' and remove all cones, and they will still run all over each other in turn 1 on starts. All I can suggest is qualify on pole and get gone.
John,
Thank You for the support.
As far as the minimum width of the cones. 12' is where I place the cones for the 4 cycles. For the 2 cycles the cones are placed another 2' to 14'. That gives each lane 7' between the cones and 25' to reduce the inside lane to 50" and run all over each other in turn 1 as Brian's photo illustrated.
Darren,
AMEN BROTHER!
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 32648

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I hope number 88 is ok, which I believe is Lucas, I know his leg got run over in turn one.

This is a result of:
1. Drivers not giving each other room.
2. Inexperience or better way to call it, Race Craft.

Based on the photo, (position of the karts, position to turn one, etc) I agree, this had nothing to do with the cones.
rubentarca

Score: 2439

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Notes to new race director Reply with quote

We are very lucky Lucas is OK (something from the other kart missed his neck for 2Ē) and then got his arm and leg.

I agreed with some comments but specially 2 of them:

1- You donít win the race at the first turn

2- The left pedal is right under your left foot, if you do not use it is because you donít know what you are doing or you donít care.

And Iíll add a thought you do not pass pushing and tossing the other guys around leave that to NASCAR short track hobby class, we should be better than that
DrChip
Club President

Score: 42231

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad Lucas is ok.....c
Daniel White

Score: 5767

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That photo sorta reminds me of Nico Rosberg at this past weekend's GP.
bspek

Score: 5025

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might Daniel, but you were not there - no one was pushing anyone off the track here like Rosberg - their rear wheels just hit each other. I should know - I was at the back of the pack watching it :) Get a can yet?

Daniel White wrote:
That photo sorta reminds me of Nico Rosberg at this past weekend's GP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: