| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #9 Registration
2014-08-09 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Question for Yamaha Racers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33502

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randymac wrote:
I will stop complaining and buy me a lay down seat now i am good to go. Can I use which ever body work i want?

Randy,
My comment was not pointed at you, but to the national guys that complained. They spend money to race at a national level, which takes a considerable amount of money to compete, yet they won't buy a different seat to help make their kart perform better.

Also, don't buy a 4 cycle seat.
bspek

Score: 5033

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read Jim's comment saying the bodywork provides no advantage... but on the seat subject...Lee says there is no seat advantage, yet John says below that there is. I am too new to karting to know, but at the end of the day would prefer to just get a bunch of people on the track to hack around and race. If there is an advantage then we should keep to WKA rules so the rest of us don't have to either buy a new seat or drive with a disadvantage. If not, then it doesn't really matter if you're only going to race here. Does this seat/bodywork apply to just the jr KT class that lee is talking about, or all KT classes?

John Wehrheim wrote:
randymac wrote:
I will stop complaining and buy me a lay down seat now i am good to go. Can I use which ever body work i want?

Randy,
My comment was not pointed at you, but to the national guys that complained. They spend money to race at a national level, which takes a considerable amount of money to compete, yet they won't buy a different seat to help make their kart perform better.

Also, don't buy a 4 cycle seat.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,
Here is the low down on seats and their effects on the handling of the kart
1. Stiffness/Flex of the seat
2. Raising or lowering the seat.
3. Laying the back of the seat down (lowering center of gravity)

This is why the largest and most popular seat manufacturer makes many versions of seats, that have different construction, stiffness/flex and layback. Depending on the flex of your chassis, your size, track conditions, etc. will determine what is the best seat. Fact, a seat is a huge tuning device.

The advantage of the 4 cycle seat is really for heavier and or taller guys, because they are designed to lower the center of gravity. If you are lighter and shorter, this can have an ill effect on the kart because it might not properly transfer the weight.

I hope this helps everyone.

I asked everyone for their opinions so we can make a decision in what is the best interest to grow the class and the current participants.
rubentarca

Score: 2616

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Question to the Yamaha racers Reply with quote

Iím also new in Karting but I did not see any grow in our class due to the fact GSKA allowing the seat and body from 4 stroke cycle classes to compete with us.
But the point is that allowing the body is not a great help for then to come to our classes because they need to change the wheels and tires and that cost more than the body, or the next question will be if they can use the 4 stroke class tires to compete in 2 stroke?
Why not to leave everything the way it always was?
If you want to race 2 cycle put one together for that rules or if you want to run 4 cycle get one for that rules (I planning to race also 4 cycle and putting all together by the 4 stroke class rules)
bspek

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok if I am 180lbs, is it best to stick with the regular seat? Any ideas on where the lines are between seats?

John Wehrheim wrote:
Brian,
Here is the low down on seats and their effects on the handling of the kart
1. Stiffness/Flex of the seat
2. Raising or lowering the seat.
3. Laying the back of the seat down (lowering center of gravity)

This is why the largest and most popular seat manufacturer makes many versions of seats, that have different construction, stiffness/flex and layback. Depending on the flex of your chassis, your size, track conditions, etc. will determine what is the best seat. Fact, a seat is a huge tuning device.

The advantage of the 4 cycle seat is really for heavier and or taller guys, because they are designed to lower the center of gravity. If you are lighter and shorter, this can have an ill effect on the kart because it might not properly transfer the weight.

I hope this helps everyone.

I asked everyone for their opinions so we can make a decision in what is the best interest to grow the class and the current participants.
Lucas Tarca

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for WKA rules all the way, if not then we are NOT really racing under WKA rules. It's that easy, if you guy's want to make up your own rules then call them GSKA rules. But it's one or the other.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bspek wrote:
ok if I am 180lbs, is it best to stick with the regular seat? Any ideas on where the lines are between seats?

First off, we have not made the final decision on the rules, but they will be made this week.

Second, I believe you would not gain anything from a laydown seat even if we allowed this type of seat in 2012.
bspek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many more KT's can we get running do you think? There are a bunch of blueprinted KT's engines on EKN recently for sale. Hopefully this will build the class!

John Wehrheim wrote:
bspek wrote:

First off, we have not made the final decision on the rules, but they will be made this week.

Second, I believe you would not gain anything from a laydown seat even if we allowed this type of seat in 2012.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good question. As you may know we will be having a booth at the Auto Show. It will be important to have someones KT100 at the show so we can show it and talk about it.

A lot of it depends on the economy this year.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29063

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Wehrheim wrote:
That is a good question. As you may know we will be having a booth at the Auto Show. It will be important to have someones KT100 at the show so we can show it and talk about it.

A lot of it depends on the economy this year.

No show this year
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: