| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #12 Registration
2014-09-20 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Question for Yamaha Racers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33691

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Question for Yamaha Racers Reply with quote

I was asked if GSKA is going to continue to allow 4 Cycle bodywork or only CIK bodywork. I would like the current Yamaha racers to provide their feedback before a final decision is made.

As a note, we will be following the WKA Manufacturers Cup rules, but the above ruling was an exception in previous years to help grow the class.

The only other ruling that we had which I propose we continue, is the racer had an option of the Bridgestone YLC's or YKC's. The YLC's are the new tire compound and Faster and the YKC's are the older and slower.
lee33

Score: 1676

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: yam Reply with quote

Hi John

We run both the yamaha and animal on the same chassis. Changing engines is one thing but bodywork which has no apparent performance repercussions is adding a task that is for little more than aesthetics.

Thanks, Jason
bspek

Score: 5038

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Question for Yamaha Racers Reply with quote

If we follow WKA then i would propose keeping it that way. Allowing 4 cycle bodywork didn't help grow the class in the past, so not sure why it would be any different now. Plus you can swap into TAG, or Rotax, or other 2 cycle engines easily, which I believe GSKA is also trying to promote and grow. I don't have an opinion on the tires question.
Brian

John Wehrheim wrote:
I was asked if GSKA is going to continue to allow 4 Cycle bodywork or only CIK bodywork. I would like the current Yamaha racers to provide their feedback before a final decision is made.

As a note, we will be following the WKA Manufacturers Cup rules, but the above ruling was an exception in previous years to help grow the class.

The only other ruling that we had which I propose we continue, is the racer had an option of the Bridgestone YLC's or YKC's. The YLC's are the new tire compound and Faster and the YKC's are the older and slower.
randymac

Score: 2048

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the lay down seat gives an advantage. I would like to remove the 4 cycle body works provision from the rules. We should have one spec tire.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33691

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy,
I agree the 4cycle seat can provide an advantage IF you are big and or tall, however it is not an advantage if you are not. WKA Man Cup does not allow this type of seat anymore, because some of the national racers complained. If they thought it was an advantage, those racers should have bought a 4 cycle seat instead of complaining.
rubentarca

Score: 2671

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Question for Yamaha racers Reply with quote

We should keep the WKA 2 cycle body regulation.
randymac

Score: 2048

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will stop complaining and buy me a lay down seat now i am good to go. Can I use which ever body work i want?
Jim Hanson

Score: 66

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Yamaha body work Reply with quote

I do not think that body work helps anything so if more people will or can run because they can run any body work then I am for it. It would be nice to see the class grow more.
VP Dealer
jim@engineservicesga.com
770-967-7878
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47307

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha body work Reply with quote

Jim Hanson wrote:
I do not think that body work helps anything so if more people will or can run because they can run any body work then I am for it. It would be nice to see the class grow more.

Jim- I am ready run my 65hp Rotax Hovercraft, as soon as you can help me get it running on both cylinders (inside joke) Twisted Evil Chip
lee33

Score: 1676

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Yam Reply with quote

Jim is exactly right. Also, it is not the type of seat that you choose as long as the measurement from the ground to the top of the seat back is legal. Requiring this seat height eliminates the lay down seat excuse for those who need excuses for their lack of results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: