| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
CMP this past weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave Baker Jr
Club Vice President

Score: 6209

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe a Tri-State Championship? Have two races at each track.
Dave Baker Jr #96
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47404

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Chip,
Personally, I am just struggling to get track time right now, balancing work and family commitments with my racing. So, if I only get to race 7 or 8 times this year, I want to make sure I am getting good variety, good competition AND even competition."

Kevin-I understand. I am fortunate in that step kids are grown and I am in grand dad mode. But weeks and weekends fly by anyway.

Our racers hace so many outside factors to deal with including other sports: soccer etc. And families don't understand why "grown ups" want to ride around a track in "go karts"

You and the Rotax racers are missed-let us know if there is anything we can do to get you back regularly to B'ville. c
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33772

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevinFrench wrote:
Also, I bought a Rotax to race against other Rotax karts and unfortunately, GSKA no longer offers this class. When our group of Rotax Masters showed up and raced against the Tags earlier this year, there was a significant performance differential, given the weight, tire and engine differences. That was disappointing. Kevin

Kevin,
We understand that most Rotax drivers only want to race against Rotax as this is the design of the class and series, however Please keep in mind the following.
1. GSKA is more than willing to have Rotax classes, but there needs to be a commitment from the drivers to race at Barnesville and not just a race a couple times a year. We had Rotax only classes for a lot of years and the last couple of years either the racers have decided to travel to races or they have sold their equipment. We can only offer so many classes to make the fields large and fun.
2. I still believe a Rotax can win at Barnesville against other Tag motors. Brent Harpern has proved this. Also, last year we had the Tag weights in line with the Rotax masters and even allowed Rotax drivers to use the same tires Mojo or Bridgestone, but still very few showed at the races.
3. This year we made Tag weights in line with the WKA Masters weight and allow everyone to use Bridgestone YLB tires. Granted if you are running Rotax Masters and do not have to add weight to make the 405 lbs, then you are at a disadvantage.

We hope you understand our view and perspective. We also hope you and others will come race with us in the future.
bspek

Score: 5042

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="John Wehrheim"]
KevinFrench wrote:
Also, I bought a Rotax to race against other Rotax karts and unfortunately, GSKA no longer offers this class. When our group of Rotax Masters showed up and raced against the Tags earlier this year, there was a significant performance differential, given the weight, tire and engine differences. That was disappointing. Kevin

I'm trying to grow the 2 cycle classes here as well.... If anyone knows of some good Rotax or possibly KT-100 stuff to buy, I have 3 motorbike friends that now want to get into karting after having tried my karts out. Brian
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47404

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Brian

we have added several new drivers/karts to our racer base this year as compared to last year, and the average number of registered racers for the first 4 races this year is up 21% already.

If we can keep adding new dracers, and grow the 2 cycle group plus get back the Rotax guys, we will keep growing.

Check the classifiedhere, and some of our venders, and even place a free ad here imarked as wanted.

The barnesville track has been around since the late 50s/60s and has had an ebb and flow of participation, as has karting in general. I have seen 400 karts at a national event here at Barnesville in 1988.

The present club revived the track about 6=-7 years ago and through good leader ship, we have grown the numbers. Now we just have to keep the growth momentum. More participants means more income to the club which means more money to expand our programs. c
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bspek wrote:
[
I'm trying to grow the 2 cycle classes here as well.... If anyone knows of some good Rotax or possibly KT-100 stuff to buy, I have 3 motorbike friends that now want to get into karting after having tried my karts out. Brian

Brian you know I have two for sale. The red one is ready to race now, brakes and all ha. The other one i will sale at a great price just to get it out of the shed. 1000.00 for the red one, 700.00 for the grey one both with adkins blueprinted motors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: