| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #3 Registration
2014-04-19 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
INPUT WANTED 4 Cycle Jrs.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie#89

Score: 8846

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad to hear it darrin. the clone class is good for karting. nick was probably running 25.8's cause he was paying too much attention to the butterflies and rainbows.
nick u'll never live that down.
Mike Pugh
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 31927

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrin Tebbe wrote:

A $500 used chassis on old tires isn't going to get it done anymore.

DT

That was the "appeal factor" behind the $100 motors that grew the clones to the point they are now. Not a $3000+ package. I know I'm wasting my breath but IMHO there still is a need for a class for the newbies, lap traffic, and or poorboys to race. I think the WKA has that in mind too with the recent posting: PURE STOCK (LOCAL OPTION):

As far as the starts go for Jr's I would like to see it the way it was last year with the exception of putting cones down the middle of the track close to turn 1 to separate the karts rather than close together and making the karts pass through them.
Mike Pugh
Junior 4 Cycle Director

Score: 31927

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, Kerry, enjoy your new positions as the 4-cycle directors. Laughing

From looking at the posts in this thread and the Sr. input thread I guess there hasn't been enough tech? I only competed a handful of times the last 2 years but have attended each and every race. If I or someone else brought to my attention that they suspected someone of cheating there motors got looked at. We have checked for cc's, spring diameter and pressure, cam profiles / max lift, and carb teardowns just to name a few. There has only been 1 claimed motor since we started the clones 3 years ago and that motor turned out to be legal..... As far as fuel tech goes if everyone can think back I was checking fuel every race till all the eye burning and funny smells magically went away. Wink

The simple fact is the fast guys have the latest equipment and have done the most testing. If anyone suspects someone of cheating put up the money for a protest or open up a can of STFU.

P.S. This wasn't aimed at anyone in particular but the accusations need to stop.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28303

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was questioning whether my son is "talented driver" I went out and let him race with many more people and different tracks.

These days there too many champions of their backyards.
0.02c
richie#89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no doubt, michael is talented. c u this weekend ihor. just wish we were still racing with you and michael.
Michael Jackson

Score: 5330

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from Darrien:Bottom line is that if you come race in any of the GSKA clone classes you better be on top of your game. A $500 used chassis on old tires isn't going to get it done anymore. He's absolutely right. Do what we did since we couldn't afford to keep up with the newer equipment. We found another track and a new type class, one that Dr. Cheap mentioned earlier in the forum .Trying dirt for the first time and back to having fun. Accusations take the fun out of our hobby and not good for the sport. Like Clarence said this is only Club Racing.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 32602

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter where you race someone will claim you are cheating. If not now, just wait for another year.

Fact is people need to realize that karting is complicated if you want to be fast. Even a top very experienced karter can be slow in any class if they do not have the kart setup properly or can't learn a track fast.

The guys that are fast at Barnesville are prefecting their driving, chassis tuning, clutch setup, etc. In other words, they are testing, not sitting at home waiting for the next race. It is a complete package. Is there differences in motors, absolutely, but in my view only a couple of tenths. It's all driving and chassis tuning.

Anyone that wants to know how fast they really are, go to the Florida Winter Tour, WKA Manufacturer Cup, SKUSA Supernationals, etc. If you consistently in the Top 5, you are talented. Top 10 you are very good. Top 20, you are good, etc. Then when you think you are bad a-- here in the states, go race in Europe and see if you get your a-- handed to you. Very Happy
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28303

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see cheating in Nick messages. "Something" could be something Darrin responded with, new or better tires, new or better chassis. So far I saw only one angry response based on assumptions.
There is no reason to throw stones at each other.

It is going to be very hard to get new note in Track Records in 2011. All classes now have pretty solid lap times, with, maybe, Rotax Junior and DD2 exception.
http://www.georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2705
richie#89

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we may head back down there sometime next year to have a go at that rotax junior record Smile
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 26657

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, guys play nice or else you will be sitting in the corner.

If you wonder where your posts went, I deleted them. Stay on topic which is suggestions for 2011 and keep the personal jabs to yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: