| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Input wanted Senior 4 cycle
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerry Wilson

Score: 6479

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Input wanted Senior 4 cycle Reply with quote

There is a Board meeting coming up soon and I would like as much input as I can get from the drivers of the Senior 4 cycle class.

What did you like last year and what would you like to see this year? This will give me input when we have the meeting of what you, the racer wants.

Please pm me on this subject.
Invader #9
spdfreak996

Score: 324

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually run at the back of the pack, still working on getting up to the front. The most fun I had was at the rain make-up race where they inverted the field. I actually was able to race people as they passed me instead of basically getting out of the way from getting lapped. It gives the slower guys more racing and the faster guys will always win anyway, they don't have any issues coming up from the back of the pack. Also, I have practiced the track, Barnesville, backwards and really enjoyed it. It's just something to change it up at Barnesville to make it a little more interesting along with the inverted field. Don't have to run it backwards everytime, or the invert the field everytime, but throughout the year I think it would be good to change it up.
Shaun Dunn #73
Dave Baker Jr
Club Vice President

Score: 6168

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAG for future update
Dave Baker Jr #96
Austin18

Score: 4181

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the backwards. Sorry, but if you can't take it old folks dont race with us young guns Wink It puts a change to the season and really mixes it up testing people's skills running both ways. Also, maybe a little more tech. Not once, at least while I was there did my fuel get tested. Don't know how much of a difference it will make if you're just bumping em out of the way anyway but just something I would suggest.
Clint

Score: 1053

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is pretty cool that someone that has only raced at Barnesville a few races has such great suggestions. I like the idea of bringing back a backwards race or two. One or two invertion races. Lets go old school with drawing for starting position, running a heat race, running a second heat race, inverting from your drawn position, and then average the two finishes for your start in the feature. That would change things up a little for the adults and be fair all the way around. We would be racing all through the field.
spdfreak996

Score: 324

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old school way sounds like fun too. That way we get an extra heat race Laughing. More racing is always good !!! Totally mixing the field up, sounds like fun.
Shaun Dunn #73
Chickenbone

Score: 133

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does every post about the clones turn into something about cheating. I feel for certain that the guys consistently running up front were not willing to sacrifice a win with cheating. Cheating may make you fast but it will not drive the go kart for you, it will not set the go kart up for you, and it will not make you consistent. Look at the lap times from most of the races, the top runners time very rarely vary more than a couple of tenths throughout the entire race. As far as beating and banging goes I guess it is all in how you race that person. I will be the first tell you that a little bumping is racing. A four wheel slide through the grass body slam going into the esses deserves whatever you get in return. Just my point of veiw. Not worth much, just thought I would speak my mind a little.

As far as Kerry's post. I would like to see the club stick with the tire rule. If we have a tire rule it should be for every race that the club runs, even special events. No exceptions.

Thank you for your time.
Matt Kessinger #39

P.S. I would like to thank Roberts Kart Shop for a very Fast Razor chassis, very fast LEGAL engines, and the best track support anyone could want.
Austin18

Score: 4181

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it come down to cheating? No one said that. And yes I agree about bumping. But some things.. ehhh
Clint

Score: 1053

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More night races in the summertime.
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28126

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
More night races in the summertime.

This may be a good possibility, as I have found a source for lights at a much more reasonable price. All we need are 5 or 6 volunteers who can pick them up in the airport area on Friday and bring them back the following Monday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 4 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: