| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
SERSS #3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29202

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that place Angus tried to pass, you have to be along side the other kart before the turn in order to let him know you have the right to go through side by side (I saw it only once last Saturday and it was done clean in Clone class). In all other cases inside kart have to back off. Angus did not and he end up on a right side grass and Jesse moving backwards down the hill. Michael slowed down, but because Jesse's kart was moving down closing possible space to make it, their rear tires hit hard resulting in 2 bent axles. Taylor clearly didn't have room to go through. He tried to brake and you may know what happens when you brake in turn... his kart slammed Michael's side to side, breaking his radiator. It was all clearly because of Angus's reckless driving.
Don't tell me we need more experience, we have it much more than you have with all your ability to get one.
As for the bumping at the end of straight. Admit it, Richie, it was Angus's first time with other karts so close at the end of the straight. It is DIFFERENT when you are alone practicing on Friday and you can do whatever you want. If you race with people, you have to wait and see how pack of the karts is going through the turn.
Just go to the races on different tracks, learn from locals and you will be fine. Don't bring your undeveloped skills and claim you know what you are doing. Don't be afraid to loose (Decatur last year) by leaving before the Feature race. Go to the races where independent officials can judge you.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know what i'm doing, and i've never claimed i did. i'm amazed angus can drive the kart i put him in at all. thank you rick, allen and john w. and others for helping me out.

but as far as angus' skills, he's won every race he's entered so far this year except one where his kart broke while he was way out front. he definitely has skills and has shown them since he was about 3 years old.

i can't believe you are talking about angus' lack of pack skills. are you serious? it seems to me that all the complaints are because angus is so comfortable bumping and rubbing and is too aggressive. make up your mind. angus is most comfortable and happy in the middle (or at the back) of a pack working his way through. he's getting bored of being in the front with no 'racing'. that's why he's wanting to always start at the back.

we have tons to learn. but let me share one thing i have already learned. practice how you race. racing for us is going to be in sept in oklahoma. everything else is practice. all you guys tell me how it is at FWT and grand nationals. you better get out of the way of the fast kids or get punted. dale tells me how you have to have extra pods because of all the bumping. michael seems to get punted at them all. if you are all nice and clean all year, what makes you think you can go to FWT or GN and run up front and not give anything? that's where angus' head is. he's only 10, and only knows how to race one way. he wants to win. he's not out there to make friends or have fun at the track. all that is a bonus, but that's not where he is. if he has fun between races, but during the races performs poorly, he's mad. the great time we spend together is a huge bonus, but that's not why he works so hard. he will treat every time he puts on his helmet like it's the feature in the grand nationals. i guess you want me to apologize for that, so i'm very sorry for how he drives so aggressively, but he has a plan. the first time i took him to a mx track he scared the crap out of me and i told him to slow down. after i thought long and hard about that, i decided i would never tell him that again. it was very hard watching him take so many risks in mx, and it's a real pain having other dads give me so much grief now.

i don't apologize for angus' driving in jax. it wasn't reckless.

angus bumped simon too hard at a bad place last race in barnesville. that was reckless. i apologized and so did angus. we discussed that later. IMO he didn't do anything wrong in jax. the move on jesse looked fine to me as i was right there. it was close, but angus will go for the close ones and stick it in there (so will michael schumaker). the bump on michael should have been nothing as it was small. if there had been anything to it, he would have been black flagged (independent officials).

my advise to you is to take advantage of the situation. get aggressive back with us and be better prepared for sept in OK! angus will run with the fast kids there. anything they give him, he will give right back. angus will stick in some aggressive attempts. so will the kids in OK. i just wish someone would start sticking some in on angus so he will be better prepared when he gets there and know how to respond. that's why i keep hoping simon moves up to mini soon cause i know simon knows how to race hard as angus had to work hard last year with him in cadet.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i can't believe you are talking about angus' lack of pack skills. are you serious?

Yes, one thing you start behind mixed class (6? 7 total? most karts are slower) on known track and Angus still manages to cause problems. Is it what you called pack? Get real, pack is 34 of the same class and speed and you are in the middle. You have 16 Anguses in front of you and 17 behind, this is real pack. Now, when was last time Angus raced in Jacksonville with other racers in his class? Do not bring your Barnesville _pack_ experience to another track.
Good luck in Oklahoma, make sure to go there for the Shutout in July, some third to half of nationals competitor will be there.

I hope you are not developing a driver with "race hard back" skills meaning coming back through the field and hit back racer who caused problems to him.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many times has michael had pack experience with 34 of same speed? a few times a year? we've only been to 3 tracks total including this weekend at jax, so angus' barnesville experience is all he really has Laughing that's why angus is also in bando's. starting in june, he will get that twice a week for 10 weeks straight with about 30 of the best 10-12 year old wheel to wheel drivers out there. i'm doing everything i can to prepare angus. good luck to all the GA boys in OK!
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006 KidKart Nationals
2007 WKA Man Cup Jacksonville
2007 WKA Man Cup Daytona
2008 FWT Homestead Saturday and Sunday
2008 FWT Moroso Saturday and Sunday
2008 FWT Ocala Saturday and Sunday
2008 Rotax Nationals
2009 FWT Homestead Saturday
2009 FWT Ocala Saturday and Sunday

The rest of races were 7-10 average.

You will not get grey hair as I did during those mass starts, that is your advantage Laughing
Brian Lohman

Score: 858

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was great to have all you guys down and to see some new faces. I think everyone I spoke with had a great time and were looking forward to coming down again. It's the only kart track in the country that is a county owned park open from sunrise to sunset and costs nothing. Thanks for the tires Richie, it was nice meeting you. I wish we could of kept our sidepod on for the main, but had another driver run over us in turn one in the second pre-final in cadet and I was having to fix/replace everything on the left front of his cadet. Why didn't you guys run cadet? I saw his kart sitting there.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33710

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
n that place Angus tried to pass, you have to be along side the other kart before the turn in order to let him know you have the right to go through side by side

What corner are we referring to?
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33710

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my opinion, but I think there are differences.

*Rough driver - bumping hard, taking other drivers out
*Aggressive driver - a tap here and there, aggressive moves to pass, but clean, not taking someone out. (Racer vs. Driver)

To succeed in the nationals a driver needs to have Race Craft and be Aggressive. Simply put, Rough driving will not be tolerated, but in my opinion if you want to race at a National and be in the top 10 out of 40 plus karts, you better have the Race Craft skills and some Aggressiveness.

FYI, I am not taking sides here because I was not there.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right turn next to the grid exit (horse shoe entrance?). The outside (and only IMHO) line is going faster and on banking.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8432

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richie,

Thanks for the kind words about Simon. From what I have heard it was a great day of racing for most. The boys are all learning and all getting faster and it is fun to watch. We have a great group of boys at barnesville and a great group of parents too!

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: