| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
SERSS rocks
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:59 pm    Post subject: SERSS rocks Reply with quote

Carl and I would like to take the opportunity thank everyone who attended the first event of the 2009 RMax challange season. Although the number of entries were down a little from early expectations, no one left the track with any disappointments. The racing in all classes was exceptional, and I personnally excited about seeing my long time friend Jim Hanson joining the ever increasing rotax family. This kid still drives a kart as smooth and fast as anyone in the country.

The run by Matt Tilden in Senior class from the rear was probably the most exciting race of the day.

Looks like Brent going to have to come out of semi retirement and show he still has it, not only is the SERSS going to be a wonderful series, with the potentional driver line up we have the talent pool is deep, with Jim, Matt, Brent Wink Allen Maxwell, and if we could just get Chris Whehriem to join the series we would have a driving clinic every race. Now that would be great for the series. Come on Brent and Chris Cool

Congratulations also needs to go out to Ross Smith and Angus Hunt for getting wins in Micro Max and Min Max, the mini max race was bumper to bumper the entire race between Angus and Michael Bilyy.

We would like to congratulate Louie DeJoseph on winning the drawing for the fuel, although I think Jory Holbrook was the original winner, but Jory left a little early after a fence attacked his kart, hopefully Jory is in better shape than his new kart.

Well if the second event is anything like this first one the fence along the front straight will be crowded.

Again, for Carl and myself thanks and hopefully we will see more rotaxians at the next event.
RS
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29180

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all want this series to get even better, so please somebody work with race director/flagmen to improve their, costly for us, lack of knowledge/experience. Feature start was much better, but it was too late. At the end we glad we re-grabbed MiniMax lap record, which was improved 4 times today.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track record changing four times in one day, that is great. Although Michael finished just behind Angus, that was a good clean race. We are prould Angus and Michael drove an error free race, it was a thing of beauty. I think this class is going to get even better in the races to come, hopefully, some others who frequent this forum will make the trip and do some racing with our kids. I think Jim Hanson could have set a new track record in Masters if he wasn't on team orders Smile

As far as the flagman/offical goes, Carl and I don't really have any control over that, but I am confident that Bob and the rest of the Board will look into any problems that occured Saturday, but we should remember is was the first race of the season for the track crew as well and they will get better each race.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulation to michael for coming away with the track record again yesterday. every time angus has set it, michael grabs it right back. i suspect that record will continue to drop like the stock market.
Sean O'Connell

Score: 1026

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great group!

I'd just like to thank Rick, Height (sp?), and all the Rotax guys willing to offer set-up tips...

I started loading Friday afternoon and noticed water pouring out the seep hole near the water pump... bad seals. Rick said take it out and bring it down- which in Friday afternoon traffic got me to his house just as his wife called him for dinner! After Rick finished eating and split my case we discovered more bad news- my 10 hour Ebay engine had 10 really long hours and the plastic gears had been ruined by being run without oil. Rick asked the question, "So how bad do you want to race?" (real bad) We (ok, I) decided to button her back up and I'd give it a shot. I left Rick's place sometime around 10:30, and by the time I got home, installed the motor and loaded up I was hitting the hay at 3:00am.

Back up at 6:30 and on the way to Bville.

At the track I could not get the motor to run right. Turned out that the airbox was full of fuel so jetting changes were not changing how rich it was running- missed all practice secessions working that out. Then, in qual the clutch spun. Had a great run in the prelim (the kart ran ok- I finished last) and then in the feature the (-) cable broke off the battery in the 1st lap so I was done.

All day long Height was right there helping me diagnose, repair and fix.

I removed the motor following the "race" and gave it to Rick who is going to rebuild top/ bottom and install a new clutch. I hope that in April I can concentrate on driving/ set-up!

Even with all the issues I had a blast and can't wait for the next event!
amax20

Score: 3643

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: SERSS rocks Reply with quote

Rick wrote:

Angus Hunt for getting wins in Micro Max and Min Max, the mini max race was bumper to bumper the entire race between Angus and Michael Bilyy.

RS

Good Job Ritchie, You and Angus did great all day. Good job michael and Ihor. Connor will be working on starts and corner speed. Havent checked my laps but i figure we are probably a couple tenths off. Not to bad for his first mini race. All three kids will be alot faster at the end of this series.

Thanks Rick and Carl for the great show. It is good to see Hanson and his tuner back at the track. Hopefully i will be in for the next show.
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey allen, i deserve no credit at all. i'm just glad angus seems to be able to go pretty fast in spite of me. if it wouldn't take me a year to listen to rick's advise angus would probably be faster. on the way home, my wife told me that rick's shirt was probably directed at me. of course, i didn't notice rick's shirt, but she informed me it was something like 'i'm not calling you stupid, but i'm thinking it'.

also, congratulations to simon for a great start and pass in the jr. 2 cycle combined race!
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8430

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richie and Angus - Richie I am like you, i wish I could claim some credit for Simon but he seems to do well despite my best efforts to tune him to the back!

Great race in mini Angus - that was some of the best racing all day.
Dermot

Score: 612

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First race for Connor #21 in Micromax. We had a blast. Thanks to everybody who helped us out the past few weeks because we are complete novices. We have really appreciated all the help. Thanks Carl and Rick for introducing us to GSKA. Looking forward to many more days in Barnesville.

Dermot
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,
Thanks for the kind words... Smile After seeing the results it looks like I'm gonna have to come to some races.. Sorry to hear about Jory, he was running really good on thursday. Hopefully things will work out and we can show up more.... Congrats to Jim on his Masters run and Palmer in senior.. You know there should be like 10-15 in each class...

Chris W.,
I have an extra kart right now.... If you and your dad don't do something and run it I will be forced to do this to you..
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

CMC KARTS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: