| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Shifter Grid/track work day

View previous topic :: View next topic  
penz

Score: 110

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Shifter Grid/track work day Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I apologize if this comes across as being ignorant or redundant, in light of the currently open thread regarding the track work day, but i'm trying to discern the painting supplies and equipment that will be on hand for the maintenance initiative.

I have volunteered to take responsibility for provisioning and painting the shifter standing start grid. I plan to be in attendance for the upcoming work day and i will provide the geometry and man-power to paint the grid, but my only guarenteed mechanism is simple spray-bomb paint at this point.

Rick, there is a rumor circulating that you have a striping machine and that you have volunteered to lend this to the club. Please send me a PM and let me know if this is indeed true and also what type of paint i'll need to aquire in order to effectively "feed" the machine and create durable markings on the asphalt.

Any other pertinent advice and individuals with relevant equipment they would lend are certainley encouraged to respond herein and/or contact me privately. Thanks to all, and again my apologies for any redundant perception of the thread. Ciao!

Erik
clarence

Score: 8229

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a large piece of thin paneling, the cheaper the better, cut out a stencil with a jigsaw to the desired size and shape. Use this as a paint mask and reuse it as many times as you need. It will make the painting very fast and effective. call me if you need help.
Bob Lefferdo

Score: 5307

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Shifter grid...... Reply with quote

Hello Eric,

Thanks that will help out and long overdue as I'm sure you know best of all. I have the line machine from Rick and I will stop and buy the paint.

I would like to re-stripe the entire track in a wider double coat but it does get a bit expensive. I think the template idea would work well also for the grid spots.

See you in a few weeks.

Bob
penz

Score: 110

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: template Reply with quote

Sounds great guys -thanks for the advice. Clearance, how about a piece of MDF that is cut into the template shape? We'll get two guys to stand on it and hold it in place while the third monkey sprays the bomb. So i think it will take me .5 hr. to chalk the outline and then we can lay down the enamel in less than 15 min. with four pressure points (feet with disposable shoes). Done! Next? Running water?!?....
clarence

Score: 8229

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: