| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Race fuel for the track
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drodey

Score: 670

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Race fuel for the track Reply with quote

Brent and I have been working on a deal to make fuel available for purchase for GSKA racers. Looks like we have finalized the arrangements to provide fuel for purchase if any of you need fuel.

Provided there is sufficient interest, fuels will be available on a pre-order basis and delivered to the track (delivered to next race after order). MS93 will be also be available by the gallon from Donn Rodenroth or Brent Harper. If you prefer to purchase by the gallon at the track please make sure one of will be in attendance for the event.

Pricing looks like it will be as follows

5 gallon container

MS93- $54.00 plus tax

110 $58.00 plus tax

MS93 by the gallon at the track is $12 per gallon - tax included - available when one of us is present.

Anyone interested in purchasing fuel please send me a PM and a phone number and I will provide you more details on ordering and delivery.

CMC KARTS EAST
John Wehrheim

Score: 34019

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donn,
This is great news, especially for the Rotax drivers who had challenges last year with getting the spec fuel for the RMAX series.
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the information provided, you will not be stocking the fuel, and will not be at the track at all events. My concern is will you be there for ALL RMax events? If so will there be suffient amount for any out of towner who doesn't know about the pay first policy?
Thanks for working on this for us.
RS
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

I don't know yet if I will attend all of the Rmax races..

As far as out of towners go, I can't imagine traveling to a different track to race and not first either having fuel myself or secondly making sure the track had the needed fuel on hand.

Another way to help alleviate a possible problem like that is to see if everyone would be willing to refer people to us for the fuel. We could also sell the series director or whoever is in charge a 15, 30, or 55 gallon drum just for any unforseen circumstances that could arise. This is merely an effort to help alleviate any problems with fuel the misunderstandings last year. We are just trying to help. Any other suggestions are definetly welcome.

Brent

CMC KARTS
Drodey

Score: 670

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick provided there is sufficient support, fuel can be stocked here in Macon and delivered to the track regardless of whether Brent and I attend. I have a reliable person willing to deliver fuel in the event that we do not attend. Obviously we don't want to have 100 gallons of fuel just sitting and not being turned. If the support is there from the GSKA racers I have no problem making sure ample fuel is available each weekend. It really depends on the need and making sure we have accurate data as to the volume we need to provide each race. In the future, we would like to be prepared for a certain amount of unknown needs from racers coming in from surrounding tracks as visitors. I think that amount would be relatively low. I believe that if a racer is traveling to visit a track most of them would be prepared with their own fuel. We are open to any suggestions that would make this a viable option for GSKA.

My initial thoughts are to provide it on a pre-order basis at get a feel for the volume we will need to have on hand and be prepared to supply. Your input is welcome.

If you would like to arrange for someone to be at each of the RMax events to provide fuel give me a call and we can work something out. Obviously that commitment would require some level of commitment from RMax in terms of volume. It wouldn't be prudent to have someone sit there all day or even show up if there is no need for fuel for that event.

Look forward to hearing your input.

Donn Rodenroth

CMC KARTS EAST
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Carl and I will discuss our (RMax) needs, the GSKA races are not our deal, and make some decision. I know when I was bringing a sealed drum to the RMax events I would only sell a small portion of the drum.
RS
clarence

Score: 8229

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like grits!
Carl Cottrell

Score: 4846

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I really don't see this plan being any better for the RMax races than last year. Rick brought a 55 gal drum of fuel to track for the first half of the season and really didn't sell enough fuel to make if worth the hassle (we also tried to get guys to pre-order as well).

I feel we have two options:

1. Raceway would provide fuel and each competitor would be required to buy 2 gallons at each race.

or

2. Just get rid of the spec fuel for Rotax.

I think with the current state of the economy we're just going to allow open fuel. This way guys can buy pump fuel at ~$3/ gallon or buy VP MS93 from whoever. I really think this is the best choice for Rotax Members.

If you have comments PLEASE email me DIRECTLY at carlcottrell@gmail.com.
John Wehrheim

Score: 34019

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought RMAX was a spec series. Is there an open rule for oil and additives for fuel and oil? Also, if they can;t afford to buy fuel, how are they going to be able to travel to the remote races.

I would highly recommend that you keep with the value and the success of the Rotax formula. Also the RMAX series is used for qualifying for the nationals. It should be treated as such, otherwise it is just another race. Just my opinion.
Brent Harper

Score: 4525

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly Gary!!

This thread has actually been a bit confusing to me as I was asked in another thread if I could help out and deliver Rmax fuel to the track. Donn R. and I work out a plan that will provide fuel to the racers for Rmax and now Carl is talking about going to pump fuel??? Not a personal attack Carl but I really don't understand compromising the integrity of the Rmax series with pump fuel. What do you guys think would work better??

CMC KARTS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: