| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Josh..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Josh.. Reply with quote

There a ton of car shows around: check the list in Friday's "wheels" section. Summitt every Monday eve, Tanger's outlet once a month, Panera Bread, E. Cobb, once a month. Briing a kart, some flyers describing the racing/classes/karts/prices! c
Stephen Flatt

Score: 100

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Chip - great constructive advice...rumor has it you're our car show guru (sorry we missed your recent open garage).
#92 GP7 CR125
JoshuaWarren

Score: 8506

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a car show in Loganville,ga

I'll look into that.
Clone Senior
Barry Copeland

Score: 883

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Summit Racing in McDonough has a car show that start in the spring you may be able to call them and get more info.
Sean O'Connell

Score: 1026

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about bringing your kart to an SCCA event? Anyone road racing or running solo events is an obvious gear head who would be interested in some form...
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean O'Connell wrote:
How about bringing your kart to an SCCA event? Anyone road racing or running solo events is an obvious gear head who would be interested in some form...

Raceway Motorsports sponsors the karting SCCA Solo (Autox) classes in the Atlanta Region, F125, Formula Junior A, and Formula Junior B.

They aren't very big, 10 or 12 kids at the event is a big day for us, and 2 adults running is about normal.

At $10 an event for the kids, it's a pretty good deal. It's great practice for qualifying and focus.

I wouldn't bring karts to just show for the purpose of converting an autoxer to sprint racing. Most of the regulars are part of the National Championship program and don't have the time or inclination to play around with local-only competition. You'd be better off at at the Summitt Racing and Hooters show circuits...
DrChip
2014 President

Score: 47313

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Flatt wrote:
Dr. Chip - great constructive advice...rumor has it you're our car show guru (sorry we missed your recent open garage).

If it has a motor (wind counts, I'm there. Have made it to as many as 4 shaows in a day, just to see if it could be done! The Atlanta paper has them listed in the Friday section of "wheels"

The Summitt Show is every Monday Spring to Fall. The program is listed on their web site: Arricve and show. No fees etc.

Some of the cars have to "drive" from their trailers to the parking area: like mudders, race cars, rock climbers, etc. Would be SO cool seeing a shifter "finding" it's parking space, maybe with a clone and vintage kart following.

The spring Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta is a good one too. Grassroots Motorsports magazine co-sponsors it and they have a big tent with seminars etc. Outside the tent are prject/budget racers. They have featured karting in the past. I am sure they would allow us to show a few karts. GMS is a mag that has been around 20 years not and features TRUE budget racing. They get it that everyone does not have tons of money to go racing, but want to wheel-to-wheel race. Answer: KARTING!!! c
Sean O'Connell

Score: 1026

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeley wrote:
Sean O'Connell wrote:

Raceway Motorsports sponsors the karting SCCA Solo (Autox) classes in the Atlanta Region, F125, Formula Junior A, and Formula Junior B.

They aren't very big, 10 or 12 kids at the event is a big day for us, and 2 adults running is about normal.

At $10 an event for the kids, it's a pretty good deal. It's great practice for qualifying and focus.

I wouldn't bring karts to just show for the purpose of converting an autoxer to sprint racing. Most of the regulars are part of the National Championship program and don't have the time or inclination to play around with local-only competition. You'd be better off at at the Summitt Racing and Hooters show circuits...

I've never been to a solo event- I'm sure your right on the money. I have been to MANY road racing event (competed in 10 or so regional and national events for 6 years) and never saw a kart displayed. If I had, I would definately have checked it out/ talked to the owner. There you'll find 300-400 racers with lots of disposable income, people who wished they could do it with less (disposable income), and others. I'm not suggesting that the 300lb guy in a GT1 is going to like karts, but some folks there would. I'd be willing to say that had I known about the value of karting I probably would have become involved sooner.
Mac Norman

Score: 3012

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing What's wrong with the 300Lb. guy? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: