| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Josh..

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DrChip
2014 President


Joined: 08 Aug 2008
Posts: 2745
Score: 47313
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Josh.. Reply with quote

There a ton of car shows around: check the list in Friday's "wheels" section. Summitt every Monday eve, Tanger's outlet once a month, Panera Bread, E. Cobb, once a month. Briing a kart, some flyers describing the racing/classes/karts/prices! c
_________________
"kart racing since 1958, was and still the best bank for the buck in motorsports"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stephen Flatt



Joined: 10 Aug 2008
Posts: 10
Score: 100
Location: Woodstock, GA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Chip - great constructive advice...rumor has it you're our car show guru (sorry we missed your recent open garage).
_________________
#92 GP7 CR125
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JoshuaWarren



Joined: 10 Oct 2007
Posts: 719
Score: 8506
Location: Good Hope, Georgia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a car show in Loganville,ga

I'll look into that.
_________________
"Porkchop Racing"
Joshua Warren
#75
Clone Senior
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Barry Copeland



Joined: 01 Dec 2007
Posts: 61
Score: 883
Location: McDonough

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Summit Racing in McDonough has a car show that start in the spring you may be able to call them and get more info.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sean O'Connell



Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 84
Score: 1026


PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about bringing your kart to an SCCA event? Anyone road racing or running solo events is an obvious gear head who would be interested in some form...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seeley



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Posts: 263
Score: 2948


PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean O'Connell wrote:
How about bringing your kart to an SCCA event? Anyone road racing or running solo events is an obvious gear head who would be interested in some form...


Raceway Motorsports sponsors the karting SCCA Solo (Autox) classes in the Atlanta Region, F125, Formula Junior A, and Formula Junior B.

They aren't very big, 10 or 12 kids at the event is a big day for us, and 2 adults running is about normal.

At $10 an event for the kids, it's a pretty good deal. It's great practice for qualifying and focus.

I wouldn't bring karts to just show for the purpose of converting an autoxer to sprint racing. Most of the regulars are part of the National Championship program and don't have the time or inclination to play around with local-only competition. You'd be better off at at the Summitt Racing and Hooters show circuits...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DrChip
2014 President


Joined: 08 Aug 2008
Posts: 2745
Score: 47313
Location: Atlanta, GA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Flatt wrote:
Dr. Chip - great constructive advice...rumor has it you're our car show guru (sorry we missed your recent open garage).


If it has a motor (wind counts, I'm there. Have made it to as many as 4 shaows in a day, just to see if it could be done! The Atlanta paper has them listed in the Friday section of "wheels"

The Summitt Show is every Monday Spring to Fall. The program is listed on their web site: Arricve and show. No fees etc.

Some of the cars have to "drive" from their trailers to the parking area: like mudders, race cars, rock climbers, etc. Would be SO cool seeing a shifter "finding" it's parking space, maybe with a clone and vintage kart following.

The spring Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta is a good one too. Grassroots Motorsports magazine co-sponsors it and they have a big tent with seminars etc. Outside the tent are prject/budget racers. They have featured karting in the past. I am sure they would allow us to show a few karts. GMS is a mag that has been around 20 years not and features TRUE budget racing. They get it that everyone does not have tons of money to go racing, but want to wheel-to-wheel race. Answer: KARTING!!! c
_________________
"kart racing since 1958, was and still the best bank for the buck in motorsports"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sean O'Connell



Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 84
Score: 1026


PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeley wrote:
Sean O'Connell wrote:
How about bringing your kart to an SCCA event? Anyone road racing or running solo events is an obvious gear head who would be interested in some form...


Raceway Motorsports sponsors the karting SCCA Solo (Autox) classes in the Atlanta Region, F125, Formula Junior A, and Formula Junior B.

They aren't very big, 10 or 12 kids at the event is a big day for us, and 2 adults running is about normal.

At $10 an event for the kids, it's a pretty good deal. It's great practice for qualifying and focus.

I wouldn't bring karts to just show for the purpose of converting an autoxer to sprint racing. Most of the regulars are part of the National Championship program and don't have the time or inclination to play around with local-only competition. You'd be better off at at the Summitt Racing and Hooters show circuits...


I've never been to a solo event- I'm sure your right on the money. I have been to MANY road racing event (competed in 10 or so regional and national events for 6 years) and never saw a kart displayed. If I had, I would definately have checked it out/ talked to the owner. There you'll find 300-400 racers with lots of disposable income, people who wished they could do it with less (disposable income), and others. I'm not suggesting that the 300lb guy in a GT1 is going to like karts, but some folks there would. I'd be willing to say that had I known about the value of karting I probably would have become involved sooner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mac Norman



Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Posts: 190
Score: 3012
Location: Conyers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing What's wrong with the 300Lb. guy? Laughing
_________________
Mac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by yyBB © 2008 yycomp. © 2007-2011 YYCOMP