| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #13 Registration
2014-10-25 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
  GSKA 2014 Banquet Registration
2014-11-16 19:00:00 GMT+00:00
Feedback - Yamaha Supercan and Rotax Minimax guys and gals.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whatever you do, don't change once racing starts. make a rule, state the rule, and be done. if the rule doesn't work the way you'd hoped, change it next year. the changing of rules mid-season is terrible and will be taken as biased. it now states on the announcements the groupings and how it will be done. i am assuming that is written in ink, and not with a pencil. if not, please make up your minds and put it in ink asap. i don't like the ruling, but i like knowing what the rules are and that there are rules when it comes to racing.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8475

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rules are all but set and once we start racing they will not be changed. The only outstanding issue that I know of for the junior 2 cycle is Supercan and mini the issue is do we combine these two or run separately. This will be set this week and I think we will be ready to race !!

If you are involved in these two classes and have an opinion, let me know as soon as possible.

Jeff
richie#89

Score: 8854

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see why they should be different than the other jr 2-cycle. i don't like it, but if that's what's best, then that's what's best. i, for sure, know that there is definitely no reason why it should be different for this class combination compared to the cadet/yam/micro. if anything, the other is made up of less experienced racers and should be divided. so if you are combining those jr classes that way, then it seems to me you need to do the mini/supercan the same way. personally and selfishly, i'd actually prefer the combining with this group, as we'll come out on the better end of this deal as opposed to the other class. so if you are doing it for one, my way of looking at it is that you have to do it for the other or it's definitely not fair.
Darrin Tebbe
Out to pasture

Score: 28560

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a staggered start will work. The Jr's have a hard enough time maintaining proper spacing with a single front row, no way would we ever get a good fair start with 2 or 3 "front rows".

We debated it at some length and decided that the goal of most parents was firstly to get good racing experience for their kids at local races. The best way to do that is to combine the classes, line them up by time, and score them separately.

We learned last year that a running by yourself with 1 or 2 other karts is a waste of time. The cadet/micro/yamaha jr classes are close enough in lap times that the kids will actually learn some racecraft if we start them by qual time. I don't know about you guys, but that's why we race.

DT
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8475

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that in mind, we have revisited the supercan and Minimax with the result being that we will combine them as posted in the announcement section. Seems we keep coming back to the same answer and we will stick with it.

Thanks for the input,

Jeff
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrin Tebbe wrote:

The cadet/micro/yamaha jr classes are close enough in lap times that the kids will actually learn some racecraft if we start them by qual time. DT

Why do we offer three different Jr 2cycle classes for essentially the same age group, and then group them together, and then have to deal with all of the requests for different scenarios?

Why not just make it easy and offer only Cadet, only Micro, or only Jr Sportsman? If people started planning for for that now, by the next season it wouldn't be that big of a deal. The longer we wait, the more teams that will be inconvienenced when it does eventually happen. If everyone wants their kids to run together, might as well all do it in the same class. I don't care which class we'd end up with either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: