| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
class combining rule request for new board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richie#89

Score: 8851

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: class combining rule request for new board Reply with quote

i very much think there should be a rule in place about combining classes, with strict details that all know in advance (racers and parents). this was done race by race last year and frustrating. i would like to offer my personal suggestions -

1. always, if classes are combined, there should be staggered starts. this is because, obviously, different engine packages have different powerbands. it might be very hard to get around a slower kart who has power in a different place on the track. any classes that are scored separately should race separately. they can race on the track together at the same time, but start staggered and not inter-mixed. by the time lappers come into play, most of the passing should be sorted out.

2. any time there are 4 or less in a field, classes should be combined (excluding kid kart). the day runs very long, and it is not exciting to watch 2 or 3 karts on the track. but combine 2 fields with 3 or 4 each with staggered starts and that looks much better to any spectators.

when racers and dads are asked their opinion on race day, and then a ruling happens, the door is wide open for someone to get mad. if rules are in place ahead of time, it's professional and cut and dry. my opinion on this subject changed throughout the year as our goals changed. at first we wanted wins, then wanted the chance to practice passing. i was pushing for my preference as my preference was changing which wasn't fair to others. i think whatever the rule is, there should be a rule that we all know ahead of time and is not up for debate on the grid, and we plan our race strategy for the whole season accordingly.

thanks for your consideration.
Jeff Sikes
Junior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 8363

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we decided on for the Junior 2 cycles is this:

The Yamaha Sportsman, Cadet Sportsman and Micro Max will be run together and scored separate. The grid will be set based on qualifying time and finishing order. On Rmax qualifier days, the Micro will be run by itself.

The Yamaha Supercan and Rotax Mini max will be run together and scored separate. The grid will be set based on qualifying time and then finishing positions. On Rmax qualifier days, the Mini max will be run by itself.

I will post in the announcement section.

Jeff
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 29004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be only 2 such days in spring part of the season when classes can be combined.
richie#89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do not like how they are gridded together. if they are scored separately, then i think strongly that they should have a staggered start. it is not fair that a second place kart has to try and get by 2 or 3 karts that he's not even racing to get to the leader in his race to even have a chance of battling. please reconsider this rule, or just offer an open class. i can not see a good reason for running them all together all mixed in. also, if this is the case, then at least throw out the tire rule. with this rule, i see the result is going to be less karts racing. for one, i have no desire to run cadet when i know the result will be extra repair bills with my impatient racer trying and getting around yamaha sportsman racers and micro's who are much quicker off the corners because of the engine package.

again, if they are scored separate, they should not be all gridded together and mixed up unless it is an open race. and if that's the case, that's a whole different game.
richie#89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the clarification and ruling. it's not what i'd prefer, but i like a firm rule in place so we can plan our race strategy accordingly. it seems to me that the new board is doing a great job, and i appreciate the posting of rules and regs that they are doing in the announcement section. you can't please everyone, but clearly stating rules as far in advance as possible is very much appreciate and professional. thanks, richie
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:
clearly stating rules as far in advance as
possible is very much appreciate and professional. thanks, richie

I can't agree more. It got really frustrating in the past to have the rules change on grid, during a race, or after a race.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: