| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #3 Registration
2014-04-19 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
FWT Homestead 01/09/09 - 01/11/09
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool beans. Bill must be loving GSKA, 5 entries (I think) in the single digits. Patricio O'Ward was given #502

Rumor has it that Justin Wood moved to MiniMax, Riolo might have as well. That means Minimax has another powerhouse team with Orbit/Riolo/Fittipaldi Racing.

You should take Alan Parris to help tune for Michael, if you haven't already secured someone else. A second set of experienced eyes can only help. Maybe split his costs with Matt.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

Score: 28311

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Wood moved to Mini, but Riolo was still racing Micro last event in Homestead. AJ Myers, Jack West were racing in Junior in Ocala, so some shift is there and we should be able to be in top 10. Michael is going to be Pato's teammate
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
hm, I missed it. Went back and checked e-mail from Nov 6th and Michael's number will be 401

Good luck with the '09 FWT, and let's hope the "01" is where Michael will be at the end of it.
RS
Seeley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:
Justin Wood moved to Mini, but Riolo was still racing Micro last event in Homestead.

That's probably a good move for the team, Justin and Michael (Riolo) were becoming ultra-competitive between themselves at the end of the year events. It's a safe bet that Riolo is #501 then.

There is also rumor that Grant Quinlan might be moving to Mini as well, like Jesse he's at the right age to be able to run either class.

We're really looking forward to racing with Patricio, there is no doubt in my mind that he'll become a household name in racing when he's older. I can assure you he's a household name at our place.

More GSKA Rotax drivers should run FWT this year. Granted, it's a huge step in driver and tuning capability compared to the club level racing, but the lessons learned in just three weekends will greatly improve the club level results during the rest of the year. I know Jesse grew by leaps and bounds, and there's no denying that Michael is really stepping up his game. Just the opportunity to run wheel to wheel with the likes of Scott and Alex Speed, or Mad Max Papis should be enough to draw more people in.

FWT is an easy way to get a good taste of what the Rotax Grand Nationals is like, if you are even considering going to the Grand Nationals in 2009 (and why wouldn't you?), the FWT should be on your "must do" list. Besides, shorts and a t-shirt at 8am in January beats hoping the radiator doesn't freeze on the way to a practice day at B'Ville. Laughing
richie#89

Score: 8846

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're out for FWT. we're spending a lot of time with the bando road course set-up and racing, and will be during january and feb. on top of that, we still don't have a good baseline for mini like i expect we will by the rotax nationals, which we hope to qualify for.
our '09 racing is going to focus on qualifying for rotax nationals in mini, and racing bando's full season at Lowe's Motor Speedway Summer Shootout, and AMS Thursday Thunder.
They are televising 2008's Lowe's Shootout every sunday on Speed at noon during dec. and january.
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Ihor Bilyy wrote:
hm, I missed it. Went back and checked e-mail from Nov 6th and Michael's number will be 401

Good luck with the '09 FWT, and let's hope the "01" is where Michael will be at the end of it.
RS

Thanks, I sure hope so
Seeley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although the official FWT website has some deals listed for hotels in Homestead, there are better prices to be found in the area.

A search on Priceline.com for "Homestead Fl" resulted in a bunch of places priced under $80/night.

My requirements for a motel might be different than yours, if the truck is still where I parked it the night before with all of the windows intact, I pretty much call it a win. Heck, I'd sleep at the track in the back of the truck, but Rick has an obsession with flush toilets, a shower, and easy access to Dunkin' Donuts. Old
Ihor Bilyy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important technical info I just discovered (may not be new for others):
No 2009 engines or components allowed. Exceptions – DD2, Senior and Junior classes may use new “SteelClutch” package, must include steel balance shaft gears. Mini Max & Micro Max must use “2008” (old Style) clutch. Steel balance shaft gears optional.

and this one:
Competitors are required to have a fully serviceable, minimum 10 pound, ABC fire extinguisher in their pit at all times. Failure to have this item could result in exclusion from the event.
Seeley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ihor Bilyy wrote:

Competitors are required to have a fully serviceable, minimum 10 pound, ABC fire extinguisher in their pit at all times. Failure to have this item could result in exclusion from the event.

"There I was, minding my own business, scraping tires in a safe manner..." name withheld to protect the innocent

"There I was, minding my own business, cleaning the kart with brake cleaner in a safe manner..." name withheld to protect the innocent

"Can I call Mom?" Jesse
Chris Daniel

Score: 984

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There I was watching the persons cleaning and scraping tires when all of a sudden, I noticed my tent began to take on a diffent hue." Chris

I'm going to miss the fun this year. Best of luck and hope to see ya'll around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> 2 Cycle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: