| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
Good Bye, DrChip!
Welcome potential new members!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Welcome potential new members! Reply with quote

Winter, may be setting in, and the economy may be making things difficult, but I'd like to welcome three drivers from other parts of the country or other disciplines to the GSKA family.

Sean O'Connell is already on the forums I believe, but he started a trend for us this month.

Robert Long also found us through Ekartingnews, joining us from the Spec Pinata, err.. Miata ranks. (my apologies Robert, I love Spec Miata).

Ken Stein, another ekartingnews recruit, has relocated to Sunny and Warm Atlanta from Northern California.

The 'off-season' is short here, it's already time to start getting ready for the points series! See you guys at the track, bring friends.

Regards,
Dale
Sean O'Connell

Score: 1026

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I am looking forward to meeting all of you & getting behind the wheel of my new toy.

I've raced Formula Continental (3 years), Formula Super (1 year) and Formula 1000 for 2 years. (all with the same chassis)

My plan is to chronicle my karting experience over on Apexspeed and hope to win over some of my buddies who are also getting tired of the expense.
DrChip

Score: 47584

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..also add dan Flanders to our "newby". Dan has posted here once. He moved fm CA to Athens, GA and is an avid, active VINTAGE kart ( 3 or moe?!) owner/racer. He has done at least one B'ville practice day, and he will be attending the 09 Bville Vitange Winternationals March 20 and 21, 2009.

Hope to get Dan a ride in my clone and get him hooked! cb
richie#89

Score: 8868

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dale, does this mean you'll actually be at the track this year? got a bando yet? the road course is awesome. we're practicing the whole road course again the week after Christmas. i'll let you know if you want so you guys can come see it.
Seeley

Score: 2948

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richie#89 wrote:
dale, does this mean you'll actually be at the track this year? got a bando yet? the road course is awesome. we're practicing the whole road course again the week after Christmas. i'll let you know if you want so you guys can come see it.

We've got no reason to drive to Florida to race every weekend this year, I'm very pleased with the direction the club will be heading in 2009. Jesse hasn't decided on which class to run yet, Jr Clone, Cadet, or Yamaha Jr. Personally I like the Jr Clone, we've got the Maverick chassis and Jesse should be able to run his own program if the new Board were to tap me for help with T&S or Registration. We've got the Cadet stuff, which would take more work to keep running, but it looks to me like Cadet will be down on numbers in 09. Yamaha Jr Sportsman is very tempting, we'd be able to race with Simon again and the engine could be used for SCCA autocross as well. It would be a lot easier if there were just one or two classes to choose from for each Jr age group....

I decided to skip the Bando this year, I really want to see if last years learning process produces any results this year with Jesse and I. As tempting as the Bandos are, and you know how tempted I am, bouncing classes and disciplines without mastery seems like a recipe for frustration. It's the same reason for not moving to MiniMax from Micro, we're still learning how to get it right with the Micro package.

We certainly want to come to the next Bando race though, it's good for Jesse to watch (besides he really enjoyed it last time) so he'll appreciate everything that Rick, Carl, Jeff, and yourself have done and do for him a little more.
JoshuaWarren

Score: 8512

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be great to see Jesse in the Junior Clone. Smile

The junior clone next year is probley going to be big. Cool
Clone Senior
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: