| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Yamaha Pipe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim silverheels

Score: 751

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Yamaha Pipe Reply with quote

Looks like the class is dead for the 2009 season. Is AMP a go? thanks
Rick

Score: 5814

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Yamaha Pipe Reply with quote

jim silverheels wrote:
Looks like the class is dead for the 2009 season. Is AMP a go? thanks

What is AMP?
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33469

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Unfortunately Yamaha Pipe is at it's all time low. We only have one driver racing Yamaha Pipe. I would love to see it continue on, but I think majority of people want either a sealed motor (Rotax) or they want a class that does not have a lot of technical factors such as clutch engagement, flex and pipe.

In the Senior classes at Barnesville, the popular class is Clone, Animal, Rotax and some Tag.

AMP is a go and there is a new Track in Dublin, GA that we hope to possibly race at in 2009. Although I hear it is very tight and based on what i have heard there will need to be some track configuration improvements, curbing and armco barriers.
jim silverheels

Score: 751

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: John Reply with quote

John, thanks for the reply.......
Clay Lovejoy

Score: 837

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha ain't dead. It's just layin low, waiting for all this new stuff to fizzle out. It's still the least expensive way to go fast. Anybody that tells you different is probably trying to sell you something.

Rainbird
jeff bacon

Score: 15140

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what we need to make Yamaha Pipe come back:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GO-KART-YAMAHA-KT100SED-ENGINE-ELETRIC-START-NEW_W0QQitemZ290270218508QQihZ019QQcategoryZ64657QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Equals $945 USD
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you could have a pull start

http://www.ekartingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=67603&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&sid=8c75edec9214de296b8c2c7bb26c6cee
matt skaggs

Score: 2735

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Pipe Reply with quote

As sad as it is. Yamaha Pipe is dead. We ran at 8 different tracks all over last year and we have two of them but only pulled them out twice because of poor kart count. New Castle is the only place we raced them and there was still only 6 when all their classes average 25. I pre-registered for the 1rst race next year and we will bring another but if there is not 4 or 5 others, they wont come out of the trailer. For some odd reason the Yamaha Can class has not suffered. The can classes are still big at New Castle, Camden, Ohio and street races. Looks like we are going to have to break down and buy some Clones for next season so we can both run multiple classes. What a great class you got there, the only problem is that Barnesville will be the only place we can race them.
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt,
You are so right about Yamaha. WKA even consolidated Yamaha Lite and Heavy to make a Yamaha Medium. Ugh.

As to the clone class, you might find that BTK will be expanding classes in 09. I have heard that they are considering opening their track to other classes. I know it is too far away, but Jacksonville and Darlington now have the Clone class.
matt skaggs

Score: 2735

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Yamaha/Clone Reply with quote

I didnt know others were doing the Clone thing. I thought that was all Barnesville. That is good to know because we will be going to Jacksonville mid season if they get the numbers in the TAG class up. We almost visited them this year. He doesnt know us but tell Chris CONGRATS on last weekend and we were rooting for him. Im looking at maybe buying Brandon Newey's Top Kart and maybe Chris can shoot me a few set-up Hints. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: