| Search | Memberlist | Forum Register | Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in |
  GSKA 2014 Race #8 Registration
2014-07-26 13:00:00 GMT+00:00
Inexpensive Racing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33468

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck wrote:
Quote:
So as I understand some clones are legal some are not? and the Orig Honda is NOT legal?

Chuck, at Barnesville we only allow stock clones and we have a claimer rule to deter cheating. In addition we do not allow the Honda motors because we want this to be an inexpensive class. No reason to spend 4x's the money for the Honda.

In addition, I hear Jacksonville is starting a Clone class. It would be nice if Jacksonville ran the same rules as Barnesville. We could look at doing a track challenge or series. I hear you guys are going to run the stock muffler and allow a filter cup and filter. We run the stock filter, but allow your choice of header.
Chuck McCue
Banned User

Score: 5102

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a written set of rules? Since there are probably 8 different mfg'rs of clone Honda's.

- Which one is legal?
- What clutch?

I still think a Real Honda GX200 with a 2:1 gear reduction and a 428 chain would be cheaper in the long run. Or you could just use the Birel complete spec racer:

Chuck McCue
Banned User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wehrheim wrote:
I hear Jacksonville is starting a Clone class. It would be nice if Jacksonville ran the same rules as Barnesville. We could look at doing a track challenge or series. I hear you guys are going to run the stock muffler and allow a filter cup and filter. We run the stock filter, but allow your choice of header.

I'm not associated with the "guys" at Jax103, I see no written rules which is normal they usually make them up as they go or have a drivers vote on the pre grid moments before the race.
Eitherway would a $100 motor clone driver be interested in driving hundreds of miles to compete with other clonies?
John Wehrheim
Senior 2 Cycle Director

Score: 33468

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,
Here are our rules. It applies to any of the clones, Red, Blue, Yellow and Black.

http://www.georgiasprintkarting.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1030

As to would a Clone driver drive 5 hrs to another track to race. Possibly if they knew there were going to be 20 plus karters for an event, it was an enduro like we are having here at Barnesville, etc. But it sure wouldn;t happen if the tracks fairly close by are using a different set of rules.
jeff bacon

Score: 15140

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

With the $200 claiming rule, the second you show up with a Honda, someone will claim it, then take it home and put it on their "tater digger".
www.jeffsgarageandspeedshop.com
www.gakartsales.com
Michael Jackson

Score: 5336

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I doubt the Honda would be any faster. But would you pay $450 for an engine that could be claimed for $200?I know my HF clone has castings far better looking than any flathead I ever had. Stronger I guess time will tell but for now I haven't heard any of our guys complaining about this engine. I raced McCulloch's back in the day and still have some.You worked on them when you arrived at the track and up until you left at the end of the day. With the clone you work on setup and very little if any engine maintenance. This class has brought the fun back into racing for me.
Chuck McCue
Banned User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Jackson wrote:
This class has brought the fun back into racing for me.

A great statement, How can I argue with that. Karting in general needs to be more FUN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GSKA Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: